The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

A big expensive job I'd imagine but I really would love it if they looked into replacing the seats and rusting seat attachments as well as giving the exterior steel a lick of paint. The stands would feel almost new again. Also would like to see the wall running up Pratt Street between main and north stand painted blue however suspecting the fact it's on a main road it could be tricky. 

Always thought similar but would prefer our own take on this..

IMG_1734.jpeg

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

I thought I was losing my mind for a second when I seen that. I presume this is to try and influence the linesman or whatever they are called now. I’m sure Dunfermline done this in the past too 

We moved them under Jeffries to be closer to the linesman, but moved them back under Johnston I think as he believed the shorter walk and the opponents needing to walk past them at the start of the game was a bigger benefit.   I think overall it’s negligible whatever way around they are, as a club the sensible choice is whatever the manager feels more comfortable with.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Have they swapped because the new home one is within touching distance of the hospitality portacabin thing? 

Maybe didn't want half cut fans battering the away one for 90 minutes. 

I mean if we're getting battered every week I'm not sure the home one would fair any better 

26 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Always thought similar but would prefer our own take on this..

IMG_1734.jpeg

The Partick example is off street and doesn't impact on neighbours, Qots have panels on the wall on Terregles Street painted with different murals.

The latter reflects the history of the club, I'm not sure, if I lived opposite if I would want to see the likes when looking out of my living room window in the morning.

3 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

image.thumb.jpeg.65daeb08b4fdaf4208b08ed12c80f887.jpeg

We've swapped the dugouts too. Can't wait to see how many of our own players are confused by that, let alone opposition managers

Surely a start to moving the home fans to the north stand? Singing section is another indication of that. I'm fine with that. We'll at least get the sun on us when it comes out and it's a better view. Cheaper than developing the home end of the railway stand as well. 

Nice interiors there, they've done a good job. 

Pie stall prices are quite high but to be expected but I couldn't buy anything from a place that has £3.50 for some things and £3 (rather than £3.00) for others. Blame the OCD! Just seeing it written that way made me shudder. At least it isn't like those pretentious Gastropubs that put things like £6.5 on their menu. 

44 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The Partick example is off street and doesn't impact on neighbours, Qots have panels on the wall on Terregles Street painted with different murals.

The latter reflects the history of the club, I'm not sure, if I lived opposite if I would want to see the likes when looking out of my living room window in the morning.

Imagine living in a flat looking out to a football stadium and having to endure thousands of folk traipsing past your window every 2nd week...but take the hump at a mural on a wall. 

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Imagine living in a flat looking out to a football stadium and having to endure thousands of folk traipsing past your window every 2nd week...but take the hump at a mural on a wall. 

Pretty sure the vast majority of those flats are rented as well. Surely would increase the likelyhood of them getting rented with a big mural of dabrowski on it.

On the subject of making Starks Park look a bit better, I’ve often thought that we should have our TV gantry at the main stand side (it was there briefly when we were redeveloping the ground). It’s better than seeing a half stand than a row of houses. Albeit half of the railway stand sits empty with no seats but it’s still a better view. I’m not sure if the Raith Tv guys would know whether it’s ever been discussed?

3 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

On the subject of making Starks Park look a bit better, I’ve often thought that we should have our TV gantry at the main stand side (it was there briefly when we were redeveloping the ground). It’s better than seeing a half stand than a row of houses. Albeit half of the railway stand sits empty with no seats but it’s still a better view. I’m not sure if the Raith Tv guys would know whether it’s ever been discussed?

The main stand would get the sun for most daytime games, it's a hard task trying to view the monitor screen with the sun blinding your view.

Where the gantry is now prevents this and premature blindness.

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The main stand would get the sun for most daytime games, it's a hard task trying to view the monitor screen with the sun blinding your view.

Where the gantry is now prevents this and premature blindness.

Ahh fair enough Zen. I hadn’t factored that into my thinking.

56 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Surely a start to moving the home fans to the north stand? Singing section is another indication of that. I'm fine with that. We'll at least get the sun on us when it comes out and it's a better view. Cheaper than developing the home end of the railway stand as well. 

I’m not so sure. Is there not plans to turn the main stand offices into some kind of sport bar? Plus the 200 club would have to move. Can’t imagine a small stream of rovers fans leaving that area and immediately walking into a bunch of away fans. I’m fine with the south stand and with the ongoing improvements I wouldn’t like to see everything all split up if the home end was swapped 

5 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

I’m not so sure. Is there not plans to turn the main stand offices into some kind of sport bar? Plus the 200 club would have to move. Can’t imagine a small stream of rovers fans leaving that area and immediately walking into a bunch of away fans. I’m fine with the south stand and with the ongoing improvements I wouldn’t like to see everything all split up if the home end was swapped 

That's all kind of tying in with what I mean long term. North stand and railway, as it is, is more than big enough to house our support. Planning permission should still be in place to extend in to the car park behind the north as well for a few years. Main stand turned in to offices, hospitality and so on, leaving the south stand for away supporters. Just talking pish most likely but it could be the long term planning 🤷

My preference would always be just developing the rail way stand and letting the home fans actually sit in the best stand, which has the best view in the ground. 

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Yup…at the Death Star (aka AT&T Stadium) for any game/event:

IMG_0532.thumb.jpeg.5d7a9500fdc78e2aec293dc0c40dc2bb.jpeg

I was honestly surprised at the relative affordability of those offerings at SP, but I’ve grown used to the insane proces at sports venues here in ‘Merica.

If that's Vickie from Benidorm, no thanks.

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

Also would like to see the wall running up Pratt Street between main and north stand painted blue however suspecting the fact it's on a main road it could be tricky. 

I wonder if it would be more interesting to use it as a public art venue…getting a series of muralists and such to paint a couple of panels that could then be auctioned for charity or such for the Community Foundation. Offer up a panel to a different school each month, decorate at the school…then display for a month and return to the school for their own use (display, raffle, auction). A perspex cover could prevent vandalism and a couple of cameras would help too. Other community groups could get involved too.

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

IMO I'd rather us be in the north stand. Completely close if the south stand like Motherwell do. Create a wall where the iron herras fence is and the whole of the area of the main stand, the captains lounge and north stand is fully enclosed. If they do create the sports bar it an be split inside with access at both the home and away sides. That for me would be the perfect senario.