The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'm all for him coming back, if only to see the number of tweets being deleted. I've probably got a few in there myself. 

I would take him back for the fact he’s a leader and played and won at this level…. but I would never for forgive or forget the way he left previously but that’s just me though 

13 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I would take him back for the fact he’s a leader and played and won at this level…. but I would never for forgive or forget the way he left previously but that’s just me though 

What happened?  I couldn't really give a shit that he went to Dunfermline,  it was a step up from playing another season in league 1 tbh.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

What happened?  I couldn't really give a shit that he went to Dunfermline,  it was a step up from playing another season in league 1 tbh.

I think he put in a transfer request and threatened to chuck the toys if it didn't go through. Football is a business, and a career for a player is short - let bygones be bygones.

He's likely the best option available to our knowledge. I'd fully expect he'll get three or four offers from clubs at our level. 

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Aye this. Basing any negativity on signing Murray because he left us for Dunfermline is rather petty. Interestingly a few Hartlepool fans were saying on Twitter Murray put in some good performances towards end of the season. On the flip side they think Paterson is one of the worst players they've seen in a Hartlepool shirt. 

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Aye this. Basing any negativity on signing Murray because he left us for Dunfermline is rather petty. Interestingly a few Hartlepool fans were saying on Twitter Murray put in some good performances towards end of the season. On the flip side they think Paterson is one of the worst players they've seen in a Hartlepool shirt. 

They were actively celebrating RT leaving and he was one of our best right backs since the turn of the century.

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

They were actively celebrating RT leaving and he was one of our best right backs since the turn of the century.

And they weren’t too keen on Jack Hamilton either same with the boy who they signed from rangers Hastie I think it is 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're being linked to Murray too...

I did wonder if Saints would appear in the rumour mill. It's been a point of discussion in this thread loads but there really is a complete lack of centre halves who are recognisable available options. Bottom end top tier clubs can obviously put the boat out and attract foreigners (Mexico to Dens Park) but by and large it's slim pickings.

21 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It's probably a bad reflection that players who are good in our league aren't good enough for League 2 in England. 

On the other hand, Paul Hartley has consistently demonstrated that he's a terrible manager, so there is that as well. 

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It's probably a bad reflection that players who are good in our league aren't good enough for League 2 in England. 

On the other hand, Paul Hartley has consistently demonstrated that he's a terrible manager, so there is that as well. 

Its fairly obvious even watching League Two football in England that the standard is higher than it is here in the Championship, overall fitness, size, tactical and technical ability is ahead of here. Like jimmy Nicholl at Millwall in the 90's, Hartley badly underestimated the standard there.