The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I hear it's just a standard Joma template, but it's got an orange armband on each sleeve. 

It’s already been confirmed in a previous interview that both strips are bespoke, so not a standard template

23 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

The quicker we end our association with Joma the better. The range of strips has been awful. That’s just my opinion, eg my opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

We’ve sold stacks and stacks of the home kit this season and last, so the partnership seems to be going really well. 

I think the joma kits have all been excellent. It's the person with the sign off that makes a kit great or a flop. We've had waaay more hits than misses.

Hope it's bespoke as  searching joma yellow/blue tops isn't inspiring. Rostock, Ukraine pretty plain and Morton have used most of the "best" templates. 

Atalanta have a 3rd kit that would work with switched colours. Pars third kit last season could give an idea of yellow/Navy.

There's a kinda retro 70's looking template that's left but not much else if it's not bespoke.

My hope is a f**k off big ship emblazoned across the centre like the half and half lion. A bit of rope to do up the collar and a mock boarding pass on the arse of the shorts.

I've been a fan of the Joma kits. They've not been cookiecutter - there was almost an air of apathy when you'd see we'd have pretty much identical kits to Falkirk or Dundee when with Puma.

Looking at pretty much every other club thread at this level, and there's a lot of them who are all looking at one or two specific positions. Last season, aside from Easton and Brown were seen as pretty underwhelming or questionable. This season we've got our main business sorted before the end of the league cup with a few potential additions in the pipeline. I'm keen to see if we bring in anyone from down south on loan. 

Raith TV sat down with Captain Quint to talk about his experience with Raith Rovers pre season tour to the Canary Islands....

"I'll never put on a life jacket again"

Edited by renton

31 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I've been a fan of the Joma kits. They've not been cookiecutter - there was almost an air of apathy when you'd see we'd have pretty much identical kits to Falkirk or Dundee when with Puma.

Looking at pretty much every other club thread at this level, and there's a lot of them who are all looking at one or two specific positions. Last season, aside from Easton and Brown were seen as pretty underwhelming or questionable. This season we've got our main business sorted before the end of the league cup with a few potential additions in the pipeline. I'm keen to see if we bring in anyone from down south on loan. 

And not to forgot that I think it was either Davie or Niall on a recent Raith TV interview/broadcast said IM has had every first choice targets so far which makes it a far better squad than someone 4th/5th down list like last season 

16 minutes ago, renton said:

Raith TV sat down with Captain Quint to talk about his experience with Raith Rovers pre season tour to the Canary Islands....

"I'll never put a life jacket on again"

Here's to swimming with bow legged woman 🍻

36 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

😂 f**k sake. 

So apart from a few on here others aren't entitled to an opinion. I do not like the colour yellow and much prefer the colour red, its my preference and my opinion. 

16 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

So apart from a few on here others aren't entitled to an opinion. I do not like the colour yellow and much prefer the colour red, its my preference and my opinion. 

Nothing to do with your opinion, just that the joke went right over your head. 
Think about the context of the strip commemorating a ship wreck and then think again what two Orange bands on the sleeves would look like….

Was quite disappointed by our home top. Thought it looked horrific in the photos, ordered it for the novelty and it's nowhere near as offensive in person, minus the bizarre collar it's actually quite a nice top.

13 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Nothing to do with your opinion, just that the joke went right over your head. 
Think about the context of the strip commemorating a ship wreck and then think again what two Orange bands on the sleeves would look like….

Never as good when it’s spelled out, really.