The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Well done Rovers. So satisfying to watch those cake-eating roasters get dumped out. Very pleasing indeed. Although Ibrox away for us in Round 2 is a honking draw, it's decent money in the bank to bolster our defence, especially if it's televised which brings in another £27k. I can't remember a single round 2 game in living memory which didn't feature an OF club, so we're hoping. And just like you against Hibs, miracles do occasionally happen.

See you in the league, we've both got a good chance of making our mark this season 👍

Are you taking Nibs for a day out at Ibrox?

27 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Well done Rovers. So satisfying to watch those cake-eating roasters get dumped out. Very pleasing indeed. Although Ibrox away for us in Round 2 is a honking draw, it's decent money in the bank to bolster our defence, especially if it's televised which brings in another £27k. I can't remember a single round 2 game in living memory which didn't feature an OF club, so we're hoping. And just like you against Hibs, miracles do occasionally happen.

See you in the league, we've both got a good chance of making our mark this season 👍

Raith against Aberdeen two seasons ago, I'm assuming they showed more than two games though, so both old firms were also on

6 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

Raith against Aberdeen two seasons ago, I'm assuming they showed more than two games though, so both old firms were also on

Aye, right enough so. I'd completely forgotten about that one.

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Trains to this will be some laugh with it being peak festival season. Can’t wait for Scotrail to run 2 carriages. 

f**k they festival c***s 😂. Naw decent draw in terms of a pay day and a good day out.  As you say festival could make travel a wee bit difficult but first world problems.  Hibs will be strong favourites but are a bit more bearable than the Old Firm so all to play for. Slim margins we could easily be out with Dundee or Accies still in so let’s enjoy yet rollercoaster. 

1 hour ago, spot on said:

With it being in the middle of the fringe too  doubt the cops will want all that in the one day in the capital

Never knew that, it's a bit of a bummer for that then, maybe Hearts or Hibs will forego home advantage ..... naw can't see that happening either 

26 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

It's gone very quiet with rumours of players coming in, although I heard we may be trying to get Shaun Byrne who has been frozen out at Dundee. Anyone heard anything similar.

Would expect we're now waiting on the loan market opening up a bit so will have to wait a few weeks until our next signing. 

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Never knew that, it's a bit of a bummer for that then, maybe Hearts or Hibs will forego home advantage ..... naw can't see that happening either 

I hope not. A trip through to easter road is always a good day out. The festival is on as well so can make a day of it. 

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Would expect we're now waiting on the loan market opening up a bit so will have to wait a few weeks until our next signing. 

I hope not. A trip through to easter road is always a good day out. The festival is on as well so can make a day of it. 

Only saving grace Hibs and us were out the hat first, so we should get first dibs on the time and date 🤗