The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I haven't received mine yet but phoned up today and was told to go the ticket office and they will be comped until its resolved. I'm not waiting on the physical cards but still don't have them showing on fan base. 

I had to chase up the club for it to show on fanbase, but they did it pretty quickly afterwards.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I had to chase up the club for it to show on fanbase, but they did it pretty quickly afterwards.

I only went down on Wednesday to actually get them so with the Hibs tickets going on sale Thursday, I'm fine with it taking a bit longer. It's no real hassle to go to the ticket office tomorrow. 

In terms of the railway stand the "derelict" southern end has been there since the 80s, the singing bit was put on in the late 90s when the other stands were put upband has been used sparingly in that time. 

I don't think there were any upgrades completed to it during the redevelopment and as such it's a 40 odd year old structure that's been poorly maintained for at least half it's life. 

That said I don't think it would take a massive amount of work to pull out the concrete floor and change the purpose ie: safe standing.

The thing is though any investment in the ground needs to see some kind of return such as a dual purpose the community can use or if we start selling out every game which didn't happen even in the glory days, apart from when the bigots were in town. 

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Just for some context, is there any real summary of what’s wrong with the Railway Stand and exactly what it would take to make it usable? I’ve sort of assumed it’s needing a new roof, seating, redone access/accommodations and such, but is it just a heap that needs demolished/replaced.

I was sitting in the railway stand back in 1996 when we beat Dundee United 3-2. It was an uncomplicated stand with plastic seats directly onto concrete. Didn’t seem that dangerous.

On the subject of the Railway stand, I had a season ticket for there until it it was closed, it has by far the best aspects for viewing.

As I recall the problems with the stand are multiple with the Kiosk, toilets and roof being the very least of the problems.  As stated the concrete works isn't suitable for safe standing and going from memory of previous AGM's unless I'm mistaken it's even  no longer in a fit enough (or safe)  condition to simply have the the seating replaced. As Zen earlier pointed out Network Rail are very strict about work within a certain distance of the track bed. Any removal of concrete works on what is effectively part of the track embankment probably would mean a closure of the East Coast line. Again as Zen stated the figures quoted for this were astronomical, I'm sure the figure quoted was £500,000/day .

There was (under Sim) some plan to eventually make safe standing or seating (new concrete steps) at the front of the stand and build some structures at the rear to house hospitality.

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

On the subject of the Railway stand, I had a season ticket for there until it it was closed, it has by far the best aspects for viewing.

As I recall the problems with the stand are multiple with the Kiosk, toilets and roof being the very least of the problems.  As stated the concrete works isn't suitable for safe standing and going from memory of previous AGM's unless I'm mistaken it's even  no longer in a fit enough (or safe)  condition to simply have the the seating replaced. As Zen earlier pointed out Network Rail are very strict about work within a certain distance of the track bed. Any removal of concrete works on what is effectively part of the track embankment probably would mean a closure of the East Coast line. Again as Zen stated the figures quoted for this were astronomical, I'm sure the figure quoted was £500,000/day .

There was (under Sim) some plan to eventually make safe standing or seating (new concrete steps) at the front of the stand and build some structures at the rear to house hospitality.

I would think that the concrete seating area could possibly be demolished and replaced without touching the rear wall and foundation, but that doesn't make it cheap. The kiosk and toilets are another issue.

South end Railway Stand.  RE, safe standing area.  Soon.  Possibly for next season. It IS on the agenda but the main stand and exterior facilities are the priority just now.

The current concrete bed is rotten through, and needs totally replaced, also because the step depth is too much for a safe standing terrace.  

49 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

South end Railway Stand.  RE, safe standing area.  Soon.  Possibly for next season. It IS on the agenda but the main stand and exterior facilities are the priority just now.

The current concrete bed is rotten through, and needs totally replaced, also because the step depth is too much for a safe standing terrace.  

One assumes you meant height. Looking at the railway stand, it’s clear the steps are too angled to support rail seats, which seem to be the SPL/SPFL requirement. The concrete would have to be redone with a shallower pitch, and that then impacts anything and everything under the existing concrete and pitch side of the exterior wall of the railway stand…and perhaps the foundation too on the rail side.