The New Raith Rovers Thread

To all the fans of other clubs who say Rovers are just lucky to be scoring late in games to win games and that the luck will eventually run out, here's a wee bit of perspective.

If something happens once or twice then yes that's a bit of luck, however if it's happening consistently then that's no longer lucky, because tbh that's not how luck works.

Also, It appears every team knows what we do (and when we'll likely do it), yet they seem completely powerless to prevent it. From that point of view it's not lucky, it's just my team is doing things right and theirs aren't, end of!

I think that’s 14 goals in the last 15 minutes of games this season. Only two (Smith vs Morton and Vaughan vs Inverness) weren’t scored or assisted by a substitute. The character and fitness of the team is outstanding but the real difference maker is the quality off the bench.

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

I think that’s 14 goals in the last 15 minutes of games this season. Only two (Smith vs Morton and Vaughan vs Inverness) weren’t scored or assisted by a substitute. The character and fitness of the team is outstanding but the real difference maker is the quality off the bench.

I also make it 14 from 75+ minutes…in League. If you add the cups, we get another 4 in that time.

The perplexing thing is in League it’s 1 goal ‘46 to ‘75, then 14 goals after that…in the cups it’s goals in every ‘5 increment till ‘81, a break, and then 2 more between ‘86 and ‘90.

5 hours ago, par-adise said:

Must be on for some sort of record here - I make that 5 injury time winners and you still haven't won by more than one goal in the league.

This league is known for it's tight margins but that's taking it to the extreme. 

Currently, in League, we have played 80% of the matches to a 1 goal result, 73% of the matches to a 1 goal victory. Having only a +10 GD with an 11-3-1 result summary is an insane line.

This feels very much like I remember the 92/93 season. Not in the manner of victory because back then we did comfortable wins, but more the fact that every match you think this will be the one where we come apart, and it hasn't happened so far.

Unfortunately for us, Dundee United look like being worthier foes than Killie and the Pars were that season.

13 hours ago, Scottydog said:

To all the fans of other clubs who say Rovers are just lucky to be scoring late in games to win games and that the luck will eventually run out, here's a wee bit of perspective.

If something happens once or twice then yes that's a bit of luck, however if it's happening consistently then that's no longer lucky, because tbh that's not how luck works.

Also, It appears every team knows what we do (and when we'll likely do it), yet they seem completely powerless to prevent it. From that point of view it's not lucky, it's just my team is doing things right and theirs aren't, end of!

I agree with your point on luck. You make your own. However, the chances that this keeps happening are pretty slim. You'll probably just start scoring earlier.

Can imagine most opposition fans will be bricking it if the scores are level going into the last 10 minutes against us regardless if the last minute goals start to dry up. The seed has been planted. Not sure if that filters down to opposition players but I'd be surprised if it's not in the back of their minds. For the moment lets just enjoy the ride, we have been absolutely spoilt this season in terms of excitement that's for sure.

19 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Can imagine most opposition fans will be bricking it if the scores are level going into the last 10 minutes against us regardless if the last minute goals start to dry up. The seed has been planted. Not sure if that filters down to opposition players but I'd be surprised if it's not in the back of their minds. For the moment lets just enjoy the ride, we have been absolutely spoilt this season in terms of excitement that's for sure.

I don't doubt for a second it will affect the opposition players while our players will always have the belief that they are still in a match even if a couple of goals down.

It's a great place to be in.

41 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

New owners deserve a lot of credit. They have done a lot of good things since coming in.  (Big home supports, have a team on the park that the fans love) 

Avoid defeat on Saturday…. And United may start to panic. 

What this guy said. Feeling pretty connected as a fitba club since they arrived.