The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

We need to start winning again and if that involves winning "ugly" with disciplined performances getting the job done with no flair then sometimes it needs doing. 

Perfect example is United winning up at Inverness the other week. 

Do we have the players to “win ugly”?

Our best players are forwards and midfielders.

1 hour ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

I can only hope for a win against Inverness next weekend.

Increasingly, less to do with the three points & everything to do with ramming a cork in the congregation who appear to have lost their minds since Christmas.

The Hammer 🔨 to step up again?

Couldn’t believe my ears.Thought I heard tape getting used.Turn around to see some nugget taping the letters RRFC with duct tape to the back of the stand.He was swiftly removed by a steward,making sure he returned his duct tape to his pocket.

22 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

tumblr_mtzsut0tAO1sjwg5lo1_500.gif

Will be interesting where Zak Rudden and Cammy Kerr end up after being told by Dundee to find new clubs.

You’d imagine several Championship clubs will be in for them.

Hopefully we see a much needed couple of signings over the next 10 days.

Was meant to be 2-6 weeks on Stanton? 4 weeks and 2 days so far to date. 

4 hours ago, SerieA said:

What’s the deal with bringing duct tape to the football??

36 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

tumblr_mtzsut0tAO1sjwg5lo1_500.gif

That’s easy, working for Potter and intending to grab Devlin or Obileye after the match?

20 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Couldn’t believe my ears.Thought I heard tape getting used.Turn around to see some nugget taping the letters RRFC with duct tape to the back of the stand.He was swiftly removed by a steward,making sure he returned his duct tape to his pocket.

I thought the two people who chucked toilet roll onto the pitch (and by pitch, I mean just made the line) at the start were embarrassing but this might top that 

15 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

I thought the two people who chucked toilet roll onto the pitch (and by pitch, I mean just made the line) at the start were embarrassing but this might top that 

Didn’t even look quilted so should’ve flown further

3 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I'm beginning to think Watson is totally fecked, and Stanton is out for a lot longer than Murray's letting on, I hope I'm wrong and they'll both be back soon, also what's the problem with Mathews again 

I will be amazed if Watson comes back and hits double figures for league appearances by the end of the season. 

Does anyone know what Stantons injury actually was? I don't recall seeing it anywhere. 

Matthews is just a mystery missed the game on the Saturday due to pulling up in training, should be back the next week and has completely vanished. 

Is there an issue with management of injuries. Is whoever just telling Murray a best case scenario which he passes onto us and it turns out the player is fucked ie: Watson. 

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

I will be amazed if Watson comes back and hits double figures for league appearances by the end of the season. 

Does anyone know what Stantons injury actually was? I don't recall seeing it anywhere. 

Matthews is just a mystery missed the game on the Saturday due to pulling up in training, should be back the next week and has completely vanished. 

Is there an issue with management of injuries. Is whoever just telling Murray a best case scenario which he passes onto us and it turns out the player is fucked ie: Watson. 

Stanton has been seen in a brace, but no discussion of the actual injury or issue that I’ve seen.

Watson was out for a knee op, and then required a follow-up. He’s got 5 full games and 15 minutes in a sixth, so I could see 4 or 5 more, but you’re right it’s a worry.

Murray is cagey with injuries, and doesn’t want people to know the full picture (understandably).

2 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Will be interesting where Zak Rudden and Cammy Kerr end up after being told by Dundee to find new clubs.

You’d imagine several Championship clubs will be in for them.

Hopefully we see a much needed couple of signings over the next 10 days.

Was meant to be 2-6 weeks on Stanton? 4 weeks and 2 days so far to date. 

Cammy Kerr should be nowhere near us. Only reason he was kept for countless managers was because he was considered a "diehard" fan. Would suspect he'll be on the move to the west of Fife instead. 

I don't think we played badly at all yesterday, like around 95 percent of the games this season there was very little in it and could have went either way.  Issue being we are no longer clinical in front of goal, and are still giving cheap goals away on a weekly basis.

The defence is the obvious concern, but I'm sure those responsible for recruitment are aware of that and there's still time to address it in the window.  If young centre backs don't get a game when we have no senior centre backs available,  you really do have to ask if theres much hope for them at the club.  Corr hasn't looked quite up to this level yet, although he does look like a promising player, but you'd have to argue pretty hard to say he couldn't get into that back line yesterday.

I do get the point around finances and what we can afford to do, but that doesn't quite match up with bringing in another midfielder in this window.  

Livi get drawn away at Partick...but if we'd been in the draw, we'd have been 14 vice Livi's 12, so the draw would have been Raith v Motherwell. A winnable tie with decent money, even more of a shame about yesterday.

26 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Livi get drawn away at Partick...but if we'd been in the draw, we'd have been 14 vice Livi's 12, so the draw would have been Raith v Motherwell. A winnable tie with decent money, even more of a shame about yesterday.

That'll be Lavi oot then, cant see Partick losing this one specially at home, just a pity we had a sieve at the back yesterday ............ oh well onto Inversneckie and see what happens there

33 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

That'll be Lavi oot then, cant see Partick losing this one specially at home, just a pity we had a sieve at the back yesterday ............ oh well onto Inversneckie and see what happens there

If Partick win it, they don't get the payday from Livi, but they'll be assured over £100k when kicked out...and probably a big payday next round. That stings. Also, ICT, Morton and Airdrie all likely to get decent gates, with Morton having a decent chance to advance.

Edited by TxRover

Dont get the concern what these clubs could potentially earn.Well done and good luck to them

No concern on United receiving or to receive 600k payment on the back of the erse cheeks reaching the group stages of chumps league last season?