The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

If the defence isn't galvanised quickly…

A bold approach to defending. It would keep them in position, and you could argue that Watson and Murray wouldn’t be any slower dipped in molten zinc, but I suspect it would result in fewer defenders available versus DU.

On a more serious note, if it wasn’t DU up next I’d say that you have to start a young/old pair at CB to ensure some recovery speed…but sadly, against a team with the best strike options in the Championship, our twin statues of Watson and Murray are likely our best of a serious of questionable choices.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Hold on, you don’t seriously believe Edinburgh City’s Kieran MacDonald is a better player than Connor O’Riordan, who Blackburn have just spent half a million on?

While each of them were with us?

Yes.

Which one would I want back tomorrow?

Different story entirely.

Whiskey is only spelt that way in Ireland and the USA.

The Scot's, Japanese, Indians, Canadians, Welsh, English and everywhere else  spells it the right way.

Scotch is an entirely American description of Whisky or an ignorant Englishman's description of a Scot'sman. 

55 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

Always one 🤦🏽‍♂️

And for whatever reason there's always more than one that doesn't seem to be able to spell whisky correctly.🙄 I admit fully that it's a total fixation of mine which grinds my gears when I see whisky spelt wrongly.🫣 Apologies to all if that causes offence. It's just the way I am 🙃🥃

32 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Whiskey is only spelt that way in Ireland and the USA.

The Scot's, Japanese, Indians, Canadians, Welsh, English and everywhere else  spells it the right way.

Scotch is an entirely American description of Whisky or an ignorant Englishman's description of a Scot'sman. 

My reply from the previous page which I adhere to......

" the word Scotch is now only applied to specific products, mostly food or drink, such as Scotch whisky, Scotch pie and Scotch broth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_whisky

Edited by embow

18 minutes ago, embow said:

And for whatever reason there's always more than one that doesn't seem to be able to spell whisky correctly.🙄 I admit fully that it's a total fixation of mine which grinds my gears when I see whisky spelt wrongly.🫣 Apologies to all if that causes offence. It's just the way I am 🙃🥃

Always one 🤡 that feels good by picking out people on their spelling!

Don't think it bothered anyone else, we all seem to have more interesting lives than letting something so irrelevant get in the way of a good post. 

Over and out sir - enjoy being pedantic over something so trivial 🥃🤣

Edited by mrraith71

4 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

Don't think it bothered anyone else, we all seem to have more interesting lives than letting something so irrelevant get in the way of a good post. 

Aye. Awa and lay down in yer bladder wash ya ediotic edjit.  Embow's richt enough.  It is a Scottish terminology to refer to Scottish Whisky as Scotch, especially the four words, Single Malt Scotch Whisky.  OR do you care nothing for your Scottish heritage?  My humble apologies if you are not Scottish at all and therefore your ignorance is understandable.  Stop getting on to Embow who is only trying to increase your obvious lack of knowledge.  Ya CHOOB!

4 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

Been a pleasure to divert the attention away from all the rumours and innuendos regarding which player has fallen foul of whom in the club. I'll be very happy to continue to be a pedant over Scotch whisky. As I said earlier, it's the one thing that seems to grind my gears. Very little else does. Thank you for participating in this little parlez. Much appreciated 🥃. We all now move on and hope for a win and three points on Friday 👍

1 minute ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Aye. Awa and lay down in yer bladder wash ya ediotic edjit.  Embow's richt enough.  It is a Scottish terminology to refer to Scottish Whisky as Scotch, especially the four words, Single Malt Scotch Whisky.  OR do you care nothing for your Scottish heritage?  My humble apologies if you are not Scottish at all and therefore your ignorance is understandable.  Stop getting on to Embow who is only trying to increase your obvious lack of knowledge.  Ya CHOOB!

🤣🤣🤣  ya choob what age are you 15? Lighten up ffs. It was banter with embow.

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

Hmmm! Maybe I’m wrong here? I always thought that “scotch whisky” was an Americanism. I’ve never once heard someone in Scotland ask for a scotch, only ever heard people ask for a whisky or asked for it by name , Glenlivet etc. but I’ll apologise due to my potential ignorance of this. 
Talking of apologies, I have a personal message to send to @Rob1885

No you're correct, it's an Americanism. 

Reminds me of that Outlander author who went on about a hat someone was wearing as being a "Scotch bonnet", and was then certain that it's what Scottish people called it, despite loads of people from Scotland saying she was chatting shite. 

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

No you're correct, it's an Americanism. 

Reminds me of that Outlander author who went on about a hat someone was wearing as being a "Scotch bonnet", and was then certain that it's what Scottish people called it, despite loads of people from Scotland saying she was chatting shite. 

You are absolutely right Hobnob We never ask for a Scotch in Scotland.  It would usually be a whisky or by the brand name.  However whisky is marketed across the world as "Scotch".  Always has been.  It's not only Americans that ask for Scotch, it is pretty much used the world over including England.  Scotch whisky however has to be distilled in Scotland and have spent at least three years and one day maturing in an oak cask in order to be called Scotch Whisky.

Oh god do we need a game or what!

What an effort on the ticket front for Friday given our recent form and the fact the game is on TV, especially for the Dundee United fans. There’s maybe a joke to be made about folk from Dundee not having jobs to try and get away early from but I’ll refrain 😂