The New Raith Rovers Thread

Find it strange that you criticised people last week for calling a Chinese meal a chinky yet here you are calling fans of the rangers "orcs". A known sectarian insult invented by Celtic fans (orange rangers c*nt for those not sure!) or are you going to claim this is an unlikely coincidence and you are simply comparing them to wee monsters from a book/film!? :/

I'm not really bothered by it, just smacks of double standards a wee bit

I've honestly never heard of Orc as an abbreviation and always presumed it to relate to the ugly creatures from LotR too.

Happy that I was unaware of that to be honest.

http://www.raithrovers.net/11529/murray-strengthens-squad.htm

Back-up goalie. Good to have a bit of experience around I guess as well.

Apparently went aff his nut at an Airdrieonian fan when playing for them in only his 3rd appearance after signing a one year deal in August and soon left on his own accord...

Cue him nutting Davo tomorrow come the final whistle.

Fast forward 18 or so years, and we just weren't good enough that season to beat Dunfermline. I am 100% certain that had we gone up, we wouldn't have spunked money on SPL journeymen, we would have been more than likely relegated, but we would have accumulated a few ££'s in the bank.

I heard it straight from Turnbull's mouth. We would have needed to have spent the additional SPL revenue on things like undersoil heating; drug testing facilities and better facilities for the press had we gone up, which would have left us with no money to spend on better players. Which inevitably would have lead to humpings every week, and fans foaming over the mouth at the board not bringing in sufficient players.

Edited by Fotbawmad

Good old Steven Simmonds..

I doubt if rovers fan has it but if the pic of him crying after being sent off in the derby can be posted that would be brilliant. It's one of my favourite football pics.

On fife football friends territory surprised you guys have felt the need to bring in gk cover, laidlaw looked good enough to cover and I think it would be worth the risk chucking a youth goalie on the bench

Good find, dan.

As I remember it, the difference between the two games was that Casa's equaliser was well-merited, whereas Simmons' was a steal. It was an even more critical turning point too (the Simmons one) - Ayr were on a good unbeaten run going into it and had pretty much wiped out our flying start. They then collapsed after that day, lost all but one of their remaining games, including a comfortable win for us at Somerset and a 7-0 from Inverness.

I doubt if rovers fan has it but if the pic of him crying after being sent off in the derby can be posted that would be brilliant. It's one of my favourite football pics.

On fife football friends territory surprised you guys have felt the need to bring in gk cover, laidlaw looked good enough to cover and I think it would be worth the risk chucking a youth goalie on the bench

Believe it or not I was going to indulge you here, but I'm assuming it's a dafc.net pic, and the site seems to be shut down for 'updating' at the moment.

I'd be very surprised if Laidlaw didn't stay first choice, but it makes sense to bring another 'keeper in if we have the funds for it.

It makes perfect sense to bring in cover. If Laidlaw was to get injured, which he has a history of doing, we'll be down to a 17 year old who has never played for the first team.

Laidlaw will keep the jersey, but it's good to know we have someone if required.