The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just quite pathetic and sad, really. 

If Dundee United were selling the Shed to their own fans and sticking us into a corner instead, I'd have no real issue with that. There's a limit to how far you should go with that, away supports are an integral part of the game, but if you can sell a seat to a home supporter, it makes complete sense that that's your priority and your prerogative as the home club. 

To give the away support a full stand and only make part of it available, when there's comfortably enough supply for the rest, is just indicative of the small-minded attitudes that permeate right across the decision making class in Scottish football. 

You're locking out people who make the game what it is. People who are willing to put their hands in their pockets and pay, quite frankly, way over the odds to be a part of something. And they'll enhance the occasion, make it a better spectacle, and if you want to get into marketing talk, improve the 'product'. 

Possibly the biggest strength that Scottish football has is its match-going supporters. 

Dundee United choosing to limit the away support in a stand that's already open is a sign of a football club whose leadership is small-minded, panicking and with no clear idea of it's place in Scottish football. 

That’s them all gone. I logged on at 10 on the dot and couldn’t click quick enough to get two seats together (clicked one and by the time I clicked the one next to it it was sold). Farce. 

Edited to add- all sold in less than one minute. 

Edited by stevoraith

Just now, Pride of Fife said:

Never seen so many dots disappear so quick in my life

It was mental, trying to click a seat and they just kept disappearing.  

Also, am I missing something is the ticket price not less now, that was £25 but I was sure it was £27 last time.

And just to confirm, they’ve given us the shittiest section of the Shed, next to the Jim McClean stand. 

No way that’s the full allocation of 1300 though. 

Edited by stevoraith

2 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

And just to confirm, they’ve given us the shittiest so glad section of the Shed, next to the Jim McClean stand. 

No way that’s the full allocation of 1300 though. 

They are selling a block at a time. The next block will be made available soon.

Got the two I needed but that was a farce. It’s Scottish championship football FFS not a champs league final.

How Dundee United can be posting 5 million pound losses and turn away 700 punters paying an average of 20 quid a go is mental to me.

There are quite a lot of seats popping up in the block (50+ every so often) - people are putting them in their baskets and not paying for them. This is really unfair to the people who actually want  them and it is also not helping our point.

Had 4 in the basket, had to put names in for every ticket and they were gone by the time I pressed pay.

If I was paying Tony Watt 5 grand a week then I'd be looking for as much cash as I can get