The New Raith Rovers Thread

Why are you guys so defensive about this subject? Would it really hurt you that much if joined the Pars? We 'let' you guys have Simmons and you don't here us greeting about it.

By all accounts, he was shite though. I wouldn't complain an ounce if he "let" Dunfermline have Iain Davidson.

But yes, it would hurt me :( </3. It does seem a pretty poor fishing effort, though.

By all accounts, he was shite though. I wouldn't complain an ounce if he "let" Dunfermline have Iain Davidson.

But yes, it would hurt me :( </3. It does seem a pretty poor fishing effort, though.

I'd allow us to be the only team in living memory to pay a transfer fee to the other team.

I'd allow us to be the only team in living memory to pay a transfer fee to the other team.

There seems to be a split between Rovers fans speaking to my flatmate about thuis guy, he is a long serving player and captain but theres a few Rovers fans who don't like him, from the games I have seen of the Rovers(granted not many) he has looked decent enough quite composed on the ball etc, whats the problem with him?

Why are you guys so defensive about this subject? Would it really hurt you that much if he joined the Pars? We 'let' you guys have Simmons and you don't here us greeting about it.

:D

There seems to be a split between Rovers fans speaking to my flatmate about thuis guy, he is a long serving player and captain but theres a few Rovers fans who don't like him, from the games I have seen of the Rovers(granted not many) he has looked decent enough quite composed on the ball etc, whats the problem with him?

Davo's hot and cold. His suspect temperament lets him down no end.

There's a decent player in there somewhere though.

He can't pass, he constantly charges out of position, has a suspect temperament and his marking at set pieces causes me to soil myself. He's also a rather shit captain. The only thing he's good for is running about, which isn't good enough really. Because he's the captain, he's also undroppable and he just doesn't fit into our best 11. This bugs me to no end.

Last season he was responsible for the throwing away of several goals due to not bothering to mark players. He also received two very petulant red cards (kicking the ball away and trying to punch and Arbroath player after the final whistle).

He's nowhere near as bad as some people claim though he can be woeful if his head's not in it. Like others though, I don't think he's in our best 11.

He's from Kirkcaldy, we have issues with Kirkcaldy born players.

I remember Stevie Tosh getting pelters, mainly because for my age group he was the best player in Kirkcaldy, so to see him play shite, made you realise how shite you truely were at football.

I remember Stevie Tosh getting pelters, mainly because for my age group he was the best player in Kirkcaldy, so to see him play shite, made you realise how shite you truely were at football.

You may well be right there - if Colin Cameron had ever played shite we'd know for sure.

I remember Stevie Tosh getting pelters, mainly because for my age group he was the best player in Kirkcaldy,

He got pelters for his look at me i`m a footballer type attitude when he was out and about

He got pelters for his look at me i`m a footballer type attitude when he was out and about

I never understood this and actually liked hima s a player and a guy. I only ever met him once when he was out in Aberdeen and he seemed like a decent guy. To be fair though I was thanking him for scoring in a 1-0 friendly win against Rangers the night before.

Anyone ever heard Raith being referred to as the "RaRa's" before? There's a guy at my work who calls them that but he's the only person I've ever heard say it? Any other nicknames?

Does the guy at your work have a speech impedement :P Seriously though i've never heard that before.

Why are you guys so defensive about this subject? Would it really hurt you that much if he joined the Pars? We 'let' you guys have Simmons and you don't here us greeting about it.

You also 'let' us have Wilson & Williamson who have turned out ti be good signins for us. But you also 'let' us have Tod and Simmons who haven't been that great.

You also 'let' us have Wilson & Williamson who have turned out ti be good signins for us. But you also 'let' us have Tod and Simmons who haven't been that great.

Think that's a bit harsh, mentioning Simmons in the same sentence and Andy Tod.

What's been wrong with Simmons? I know it's weird to see a central midfielder who can actually pass a ball but it is actually what they are meant to do.....

What's been wrong with Simmons? I know it's weird to see a central midfielder who can actually pass a ball but it is actually what they are meant to do.....

My sentiments exactly. Simmons has been a good player for us. He is a far, far better midfielder than Iain Davidson has ever been in his time at Starks. Simmons and Sloan have been brilliant when played together and I feel that our strongest midfield probaably goes along the lines of Smith-Sloan-Simmons-Williamson

My sentiments exactly. Simmons has been a good player for us. He is a far, far better midfielder than Iain Davidson has ever been in his time at Starks. Simmons and Sloan have been brilliant when played together and I feel that our strongest midfield probaably goes along the lines of Smith-Sloan-Simmons-Williamson

The lack of anyone with the ability to tackle in there terrifies me.