The New Raith Rovers Thread

Earlier on, I was pondering the Greg Tadé situation, and his lack of composure in front of goal. So I was thinking, it'd be good to get in someone who has knowledge to pass on, and help him.

Then it struck me... Gordon Dalziel.

Now, nobody is arguing about his deficiencies as a manager - but as a striker, he was clearly very, very, proficient. I'm really talking in hypotheticals here, obviously, but I'd be quite interested to see Dazza at a few training sessions to work one on one with Tadé.

He's not exactly busy at the moment, he resigned as manager of Glenafton last week.

Well Dalziel turned Paul McManus turned into a goalscorer and he didn't know the offside rule. And had the first touch of a rapist. So who knows?

We should get him back for the half time team talk too. We must've scored about 75% of our goals under him between half time and sixty minutes.

Well Dalziel turned Paul McManus turned into a goalscorer and he didn't know the offside rule. And had the first touch of a rapist. So who knows?

We should get him back for the half time team talk too. We must've scored about 75% of our goals under him between half time and sixty minutes.

I'm sure he had actual advice for his strikers, but I do remember Paul McManus switching from number 9 to number 8 because "That's what the gaffer did when we wasn't scoring".

About Daziel, I am sure McGlynn has his own men and I think the possibility of him returning is close to zero.

For now all we can do is show Tade we do have faith in his ability and get right behind him. Gregory is evidently one of the best natured players we have had at the club. I am sure all fans who were at the game at Dingwall will agree with me that his gesture towards the fans at full time was really appreciated. I think the least we can do is get right behind him as he evidently respected the support gave him in Dingwall. Unfortunatly the morons were out in full force mid-week and as much I will admit he didn't really turn up I am sure he would have shown a bit more fight and determination had we been as kind as to show him the kind of support he has showed us. I have not met him but he seems to be a true gent, something of a rarety in the modern game.

About Daziel, I am sure McGlynn has his own men and I think the possibility of him returning is close to zero.

For now all we can do is show Tade we do have faith in his ability and get right behind him. Gregory is evidently one of the best natured players we have had at the club. I am sure all fans who were at the game at Dingwall will agree with me that his gesture towards the fans at full time was really appreciated. I think the least we can do is get right behind him as he evidently respected the support gave him in Dingwall. Unfortunatly the morons were out in full force mid-week and as much I will admit he didn't really turn up I am sure he would have shown a bit more fight and determination had we been as kind as to show him the kind of support he has showed us. I have not met him but he seems to be a true gent, something of a rarety in the modern game.

Well said that man.

:lol: Very good.

Incidently, see that photo in your signature? Noel looks like Derek Zoolander. Is that his Blue Steel look?

Good post, but unfortunately I imagine we'll see the same situation again today, with people who haven't been to any games this season turning up and seeing Tade playing poorly before abusing him. Hope to hear his name being sung though.

:lol: Very good.

Incidently, see that photo in your signature? Noel looks like Derek Zoolander. Is that his Blue Steel look?

:lol: That's actually a very good point.

The champions starting at home thing is a tradition but not one I give a monkey's f**k about, personally; other things being equal I prefer to start with a good away trip anyway. And in terms of the league I don't think it matters in the least which way round you play the games in, it can work either way round and if we get off to a decent start from the tougher games anyway and still have the run of home games to come at the end of the season then it'll have worked in our favour.
Yup, I'm still feelijng good about Saturday. I don't think there was any doubt, even before last night, that if both teams play to the best of their abilities then Dunfermline have the beating of us. But we're no mugs and football is never that simple. Five o'clock Saturday we'll be top of the league and last night's disappointment will be forgotten already.

The power of positive thinking.

• 3 weeks later...

It's great being us at the moment, yeah. I'd have given you pretty long odds against us being the last unbeaten side in this division, we've already got a points tally I'd probably have settled for from the first quarter, and now we're coming into the games against Ayr and Airdrie which I'd have thought were the crucial ones where we had to pick up those points. We're quite capable of losing them both and sliding right down the table, but I must admit I'm just starting to wonder whether we're a bit better than I thought we were and whether we can keep the run going.

Unfortunately, I suspect McGlynn will have his loyalty tested at some point this season if it does.

The way things are going I would hope for atleast 4 points from the next two games. A lot will depend on us keeping Casilinuovo but we should have enough in the teams to get goals. Neither game will be easy so it would be great to remain unbeaten.

The Inverness game will be harder but I suppose losing 1 game a quarter isn't too bad. ;)

Also, anyone else think it's worth offering McGlynn a new contract? If he's signed up till the end of next season I suppose it isn't needed but if it's just till the end of the current campaign then we should be looking into it. I'm sure a few teams will start sniffing around if we continue on this good run.