The New Raith Rovers Thread

Prone to moments of rashness but will happilly go through his granny to win the ball.

Real prospect we have there in my opinion.

:lol: so true. I also agree, he's a great prospect.

Maybe some of them don't read P&B, but I would imagine they all have a look at FanTalk

No wonder they look shot of confidence before a ball is even kicked sometimes.

Do you reckon that the players often read P&B, i.e., will Laurie be affected by being classed as the most likely to be dropped in favour of Gathuessi?

To be honest, players shouldn't be giving a jot what someone on the internet thinks of them. I'm sure they'll cope, given they're bound to have heard a lot worse from fans of opposition teams whilst playing.

It'd be a poor lookout if they were affected by it, as well as their own fault for going on the forum in the first place. I'd say shouting at them during a match is more likely to affect them, which is why I refrain from doing so. If I want to criticise a player, I do it on here. I can be accused of hiding behind a keyboard in doing so, but I don't think it's likely to be detrimental to that player, or indeed the team.

If players want to read internet forums, that's fine. However, they should be aware there is a chance they could be getting a fair bit of flak. If that kind of thing's likely to bother them, they shouldn't be reading them.

It'd be a poor lookout if they were affected by it, as well as their own fault for going on the forum in the first place. I'd say shouting at them during a match is more likely to affect them, which is why I refrain from doing so. If I want to criticise a player, I do it on here. I can be accused of hiding behind a keyboard in doing so, but I don't think it's likely to be detrimental to that player, or indeed the team.

I see what you are saying there. The ninety minutes is for trying to make the other teams players feel shite, not your own.

Fans will always get frustrated but I really don't see the benefit of screaming at one of your own teams players about how pish he is. Even the most confident person receives a boost from some positive encouragement.

I know for a fact that it's hard not to look where people are talking about you - however(!): How you react to it varies from person to person. To some, it will spur you to prove yourself - and in the case of players who've made it as far as a 1st Division, I fully expect most to have enough self-belief to react this way. Secondly, if you know it's a bunch of joiners/accountants/students discussing you, you can be reassured by their probable uninformed-ness.

But just in case, I'd like to point out that I LOVE LAURIE

I see what you are saying there. The ninety minutes is for trying to make the other teams players feel shite, not your own.

Fans will always get frustrated but I really don't see the benefit of screaming at one of your own teams players about how pish he is. Even the most confident person receives a boost from some positive encouragement.

Indeed. Paul Lovering and Kevin James are my personal favorites for that!

There isn't any benefit in it. Chances are the frustrations will transfer to the player themselves, resulting in silly bookings/red cards/worse performances.

To the final sentence, I seen a pretty interesting post from someone on this forum a few days ago. Apparently a few of the worlds top golfers work with sports psychiatrists to increase their mental strength and convince them they're good. Goes quite well to back up what you're saying; confidence doesn't necessarily come with ability.

Heard today that we will be signing a new striker by the end of the month. The player in question is called Chris Mzampa, he orginally hails from nigeria but is studying at st andrews, he was recommended by one of the youth coaches who is studying at st andrews uni as well. He had a promising career as a junior in his homeland, but decided to further his education in scotland. He will probably play a few games with the reserves first.

Here, I'm a student and rate myself as pretty good. I might give John a call and see if I can get a game at some point. Mind you, in fairness to McGlynn if we find a player we can actually get a fee for then it is sheer profit from a chance. Give them a run out in the reserves and let them try their hardest. Plus it keeps the rest of the squad on their toes and won't give players a game upon what they did last season or their previous clubs.

Heard today that we will be signing a new striker by the end of the month. The player in question is called Chris Mzampa, he orginally hails from nigeria but is studying at st andrews, he was recommended by one of the youth coaches who is studying at st andrews uni as well. He had a promising career as a junior in his homeland, but decided to further his education in scotland. He will probably play a few games with the reserves first.

So were getting a chris mzampa by the end of the month :lol: is it not better being here by the 24th though?

• 2 weeks later...
Gary Kirk for Dundee United manager!!! :D

I really wouldn't be too surprised if United were to approach McGlynn based on a recommendation from Levein. He obviously has alot of faith in the guy.

If it were to happen my choice for a replacement would be Danny Lennon.

I don't suppose anyone has any idea of the players whose contracts expire at the end of the season? My understanding of the situation is that players can be approached with a view to Pre-Contract Agreements once they're in the last 6 months of their contracts, which would be about now.

I don't actually think there's anyone in our squad who has been excelled enough individually to warrant the attention of other teams at this stage (except perhaps Davie McGurn, although his circumstances mean there aren't realistically any teams he'd leave us for), but I'd be interested to know who's contracts are running down anyway.

This is all I can glean from the pishy secret service official site.

Up for grabs

Whatley

Wedderburn

Davidson

Walker

Bryce

Graham

Wilson signed till 2011 as is Murray

:lol:

It does get a bit like that times.

The only one on that list I'd contemplate keeping is Walker. Out of the young players, only Bryce has really gained any first team experience. If the others, and Bryce himself, aren't going to be given a chance/McGlynn doesn't deem them good enough, they should go.

I'd imagine most of the players' contracts will be up, with a few exceptions.