The New Raith Rovers Thread

Injury Update

Ellis out for four weeks, Davidson out for six weeks, Williamson out for 'months'. Could do without any player being out, so to lose all three for the next month or so is a big blow. McGlynn's being a bit gloomy in that article though IMO, I don't think the quality of our starting eleven is really affected, although obviously having little/no options from the bench isn't a good thing, particularly as we seem to be pretty poor in the last ten minutes of matches as it is.

I think Jocky Scott has lost it a little bit though.

Russell's loan deal has been extended until Boxing Day.

HERE

Jubbly! :)

Hmm, I suppose it's much better than having just Weir, Tade & Bryce available. Lets hope he can become an important short-term player for us.

Is Dougie Hill still playing well? He helps out with training at my teams under 15s and he was saying that he loves it at the Rovers.

Glad to hear that. :)

I think Dougie has done a great job since coming in. I was sceptical at first as no Alloa player had stood out for me in the Second Division, but to be fair to Dougie, he's been great. Still got a lot to learn, but he's doing just fine. :)

Injury Update

Ellis out for four weeks, Davidson out for six weeks, Williamson out for 'months'. Could do without any player being out, so to lose all three for the next month or so is a big blow. McGlynn's being a bit gloomy in that article though IMO, I don't think the quality of our starting eleven is really affected, although obviously having little/no options from the bench isn't a good thing, particularly as we seem to be pretty poor in the last ten minutes of matches as it is.

I think Jocky Scott has lost it a little bit though.

Out fo the fife derby then, Davidson is our second highest scorer in fife derbys this season aswell :(

Out fo the fife derby then, Davidson is our second highest scorer in fife derbys this season aswell :(

It was Mark Campbell who scored the own goal.

It's a pity, but I think the derby is just going to come a week too soon for Simmy to appear on the subs bench. ;)

It was Mark Campbell who scored the own goal.

It's a pity, but I think the derby is just going to come a week too soon for Simmy to appear on the subs bench. ;)

Was it? Cracking finish none the less ;)

Damn <_<

Who you going to play in the middle then?

Was it? Cracking finish none the less ;)

Damn <_<

Who you going to play in the middle then?

Yup. It was actually a decent finish. Our strikers should take note.

The central midfielders will be two of the following: Walker, Sloan, Ferry. Despite me saying pre-season that we're adequately covered in midfield, we're not anymore. Losing three of them to injury at once really is exceedingly unfortunate.

I'm sure Simmy is equally as disappointed as you are. Always the New Year game for him though.

Yup. It was actually a decent finish. Our strikers should take note.

The central midfielders will be two of the following: Walker, Sloan, Ferry. Despite me saying pre-season that we're adequately covered in midfield, we're not anymore. Losing three of them to injury at once really is exceedingly unfortunate.

I'm sure Simmy is equally as disappointed as you are. Always the New Year game for him though.

I reckon it will most likely be Walker and Sloan in the middle then?

If it's any consolation we can pick from our best 11 players ;)

I think we have 1 injury(Muirhead) who is a reserve player anyway, apart from Dunfermline are at full fitness :)

Davie Graham is coming B)

And I certainly hope he does, I've never seen as much abuse as what he got at the Queens game last year. I had never did abuse him while he was in a pars shirt..But he is as good a hate figure as any :)

I reckon it will most likely be Walker and Sloan in the middle then?

If it's any consolation we can pick from our best 11 players ;)

I think we have 1 injury(Muirhead) who is a reserve player anyway, apart from Dunfermline are at full fitness :)

Davie Graham is coming B)

And I certainly hope he does, I've never seen as much abuse as what he got at the Queens game last year. I had never did abuse him while he was in a pars shirt..But he is as good a hate figure as any :)

Avoiding any further injuries, yes.

I remember last year at Alloa; a group of pars fans turned up (as their game had been called off) more or less purely for the purpose of shouting abuse at Stephen Simmons. It was a shitey 0-0 draw, an awful game with something like 2 shots at goal.

• 1 month later...

That's Thierry Gathuessi signed on a permanent deal now.

Looked a very good player against Ayr, and will provide more cover at the back.

Means there's far more bodies than places in defence, but increased competition can only be a good thing.

I would think that maybe Laurie Ellis is going to start getting a wee bit less game time from now on, though...