The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

If we are keeping Corr and Dick, it absolutely must be with a view to them being squad players.  That defence needs rebuilt.

Airdrie fans seem to think Fordyce is on his way to Starks

21 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Byrne we already know has been released and I am sure he has plenty offers as well. I'd like us to sign him, although not with quite the same gusto as I did in the first half of the season

I agree he wasn't as good in the 2nd half of the season but he wasn't the only one. 

I thought he was excellent in the pkay offs.

36 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Mitchell’s already released…Millen’s dead in IM’s basement…

When the f**k was Mitchell released? Millen will probably be a better player down there tbh

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

When the f**k was Mitchell released? Millen will probably be a better player down there tbh

Mitchell was let go in the winter he signed for a lowland team I think. 

I'd actually forgotten about Masson and Arnott where still signed. 

14 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Airdrie fans seem to think Fordyce is on his way to Starks

You never know, although given we didn't know for sure which league we'd be in until this afternoon, I would be surprised if we have been having advanced negotiations with any players until this point. 

14 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I agree he wasn't as good in the 2nd half of the season but he wasn't the only one. 

I thought he was excellent in the pkay offs.

Agreed. 

If he doesn't return, I'm hoping Ross Matthews stays and returns to his rightful position and keeps himself free of injury. 

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Magaluf.

Stop stalking him. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

You boys likely to have a similar budget as this season? 

Unlikely. We've sold too many pies to have as small a budget next season. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Michael W said:

I doubt Liam Dick is one of the club's top earners, for example, and I absolutely would keep him as backup. There are better LBs, but he is good enough to play there and he can cover at CB as well if required and stop us putting a midfielder there. He also possesses a quality that I wish some of our other players could replicate: he is rarely injured. He will be good defensive cover and I am almost certain if we keep him in that role that he'll get at least 20 appearances. 

I had a chat with a Dundee fan about him, he liked him thought he  was a solid 7/10 player most weeks and felt we as fans undervalue him. Interesting to get other folks perspectives at times, if we sign Stevenson as has been suggested then keeping dick as cover isn’t a bad idea tbh, young Callum needs a league 1 or 2 loan spell

Edited by Been going too long

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I had a chat with a Dundee fan about him, he liked him thought he  was a solid 7/10 player most weeks and felt we as fans undervalue him. Interesting to get other folks perspectives at times, if we sign Stevenson as has been suggested then keeping dick as cover isn’t a bad idea tbh, young Callum needs a league 1 or 2 loan spell

That is an interesting take. In fairness he's kind of slipped under the radar a bit due to him being omnipresent, he must have the most minutes of any player this season. 

I think Hannah will be on loan for the season and that's no bad thing, get him minutes and put him against seasoned players.