The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Didn't see that one coming. Seems like a crazy decision on the surface but raith fans will know more.

Nope. Total bolt from the blue.

I don't think Murray is a particularly great manager and depending on his replacement this might end up being for the best eventually, but it's pretty wild timing. Not sure how Raith can possibly justify their decision here.

Completely shocked at that and honestly a bit gutted.  I wasn't feeling as pessimistic as most on here with the start of the season and if that is in any way based on football results off the back of last season - our best finish in 27 years - I'd be concerned.  The statement put out seems to imply that. 

3 minutes ago, Dalgety Rover said:

We haven’t looked good at all. We didn’t really look good February onwards last year either. Football was god awful, and his last 4 outings against Airdrie show he isnt willing to admit when he’s got it wrong on the park.

How much more ruthless are clubs going to become then? You don’t sack a manager for “not looking great” when you get as far as you did in the playoffs last season. 

I don’t think anyone can deny that Raith rode their luck for large parts of last season but they seemed to win games on pure desire and the fact that Murray went baws oot and would have five attackers on the pitch at any one time. The consensus from fans seemed to be that you still needed one or two more signings to compete so is that the fault of the board for not backing or Murray’s fault for spunking money at the likes of Hanlon, who might be finished already?

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

What do you mean “if it’s true”?

I mean, that when it was posted clearly I had seen nothing official and it was just chatter on forums . So “if it’s true” related to that. 

Not really sure that required working out

Very surprised at that. Things lately haven't been great but we just missed out on promotion literally 3 months ago. 

We cannot promote from within Cameron nor Potter are managers to get us up near the top. 

I'm going to take a stab in the dark that there was a bust up after the game. Muzz - as the fiery character he can be - said 'back me or sack me then' and someone pulled the trigger.

Just now, raith1974 said:

We cannot promote from within Cameron nor Potter are managers to get us up near the top. 

The club statement suggests they won't be in contention. 

4 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

In some respects it’s not a massive shock, but strange timing to say the least if it’s true. You’d like to think they have someone else lined up as they have been pretty pro-active with other things. 

It’s always a massive shock when any manager goes after the first league game of the season. Especially when the club has just had such a successful season. 

This feels absolutely knee jerk reaction here from the club. "Since the turn of the year" my arse. This smacks of a board that have banked everything on promotion this season and the consequences of not looking like achiving it have pushed them already. 

Poor decision, no doubt coupled with some merry-go-round haddie coming in. New manager means new players needed to fit their desired system, which means existing players pushed out or alienated. 

Many thanks to the Rovers for cheering us Pars fans up after what has been a terrible couple of months. 

If I were a Rovers fan, I'd be a bit worried about such an erratic decision and the apparent desperation for promotion this year. Got all the hallmarks of short-termism - wouldn't want to think about what happens if there's no promotion or the money dries up. 

There has to have been either a long brewing issue potentially from the Millen situation that's come to a head. Or he's just gone f**king postal on the team last night making his position untenable. 

You don't give him a pre season and a league cup campaign where we got 2 wins against lower teams a defeat to the premier team and 2 points from a championship team. Just to bin him for a 1-0 defeat on the opening day citing football results. 

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm going to take a stab in the dark that there was a bust up after the game. Muzz - as the fiery character he can be - said 'back me or sack me then' and someone pulled the trigger.

Always amazes me that such “fiery characters” make demands when they have done very little to warrant them. 

I don’t think he can complain that he hasn’t been backed in the last few transfer windows. Shaun Byrne, Kyle Turner, Zak Rudden, Paul Hanlon, Lewis Stevenson, Josh Mullin, Jack Hamilton and a new contract for Dylan Easton would all suggest that he’s largely been given what he wants. This summer has been a bit tricky as the likes of ourselves and Partick have sensed an opportunity to go up and the three clubs have all been in for the same players. You can assume that despite the signings he’s made he’s also missed out on Logan Chalmers, Scott McMann, Lee Ashcroft and maybe even George Oakley and Anton Dowds? Thats part of football though and I still don’t think he can have many complaints at a lack of support from the club.