The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm going to take a stab in the dark that there was a bust up after the game. Muzz - as the fiery character he can be - said 'back me or sack me then' and someone pulled the trigger.

This would be the only rational explanation: some sort of event has happened and he's lost the dressing room or the working relationship with the board has broken down. 

If we take the club statement at face value, this doesn't seen to he the case. That blames results since the run of the year, which did indeed see a notable downturn in form. However, the question must be asked - what was the expectation? 2nd and the playoff final surely exceeded it, even if the season ultimately ended in disappointment. Perhaps this is an attempt at saving face, but unless other details leak out it's all we have to go on. 

Just now, Raithie said:

Been there done that. 

His first spell was so entertaining it deserves a sequel.

In all seriousness sacking Murray strikes me as an odd decision with utterly terrible timing. 

29 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Something unconnected with results has happened. It's the only rational explanation. 

27 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Nope, results are unacceptable since the turn of the year. 

Sorry, but this is a total f**k up. 

23 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Trust me, we don't!

Totally out of the blue. 

Did you forget to switch accounts? Your second post in reply to your own first post makes absolutely no sense.

6 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

I'm for one, glad. I've made my feelings clear on Murray since last year. His tactics have been poor, we were really poor from late December, we should have been beaten by Partick in the Playoffs and were comprehensively beaten by County. He has then went on and kept the nucleus of a team that aren't good enough, Mullin, Byrne, Matthews, Hamilton, Easton end probably Smith based on his performances last year. All these guys should have been let go and a new look midfield with a striker should have been signed. Stevenson on a 2 year contract at 36 and Hanlon on a 3 year contract at 34 is absolutely ludicrous. The board are to blame for that as well. 

I wonder if Stevenson and Hanlon might be the next duo?! 

People won't agree, not really bothered. Board obviously seen the same crap as I did and anyone with eyesight really!! 

Surely our technical director carries a fair portion of that can?

Just now, Sortmeout said:

Did you forget to switch accounts? Your second post in reply to your own first post makes absolutely no sense.

I read it he assumed the first reason and replied to his post when the statement was released 

WTF?

I know they said last season that they wanted to have the setup as such that the manager changing shouldn't have a huge impact, as they wanted to have a setup to play a certain way with a particular philosophy and the manager would just fit into that.  But this is mental with the timing, unless they already have somebody in mind this feels like it could be a complete f**k up.  

Just now, Railwaystand said:

My guess is either Barry Robson or Jack Ross (I’m sure John Potter was part of his coaching team at previous clubs) 

Can’t see him leaving a good gig at Newcastle.

Just now, CountryBumpkin said:

Neither please. Ross is a serial failure

I’m not sure I’d be keen on either but I’d be open minded on Barry Robson. McCabe would be my first choice but that’s a complete non starter. 

There isn’t a riches of talent out there for us to choose from. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yogi and Raith have unfonished business. Its a natural fit and I can exclusively reveal that he's goat the fire back in his belly

True. We've a former goalie that was cruelly denied the opportunity to kick Yogi's c**t in. 

3 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

My guess is either Barry Robson or Jack Ross (I’m sure John Potter was part of his coaching team at previous clubs) 

Do you have a female physio by any chance...

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It makes perfect sense if you'd seen the club statement, which clearly you didn't. 

Edited by Michael W

I’m unsure why so many Rape Rovers are surprised by this decision. You simply have to remember what line of work your wealthy benefactor comes from. After all the ‘conservatory’ business is extremely cut throat and when anyone steps out of line they are swiftly dealt with. I can only assume this is what Murray done. Or maybe he found out the true source of rovers new found wealth? Or maybe he just didn’t pay his tic bill. Food for thought.