The New Raith Rovers Thread

The fact that Potter and Cameron are still there really does puncture the idea it was about results, or even recruitment. It can only have been a personal falling out.

2 minutes ago, smokie29 said:

I’m unsure why so many Rape Rovers are surprised by this decision. You simply have to remember what line of work your wealthy benefactor comes from. After all the ‘conservatory’ business is extremely cut throat and when anyone steps out of line they are swiftly dealt with. I can only assume this is what Murray done. Or maybe he found out the true source of rovers new found wealth? Or maybe he just didn’t pay his tic bill. Food for thought. 

What the f**k are you slavering? 

1 minute ago, renton said:

The fact that Potter and Cameron are still there really does puncture the idea it was about results, or even recruitment. It can only have been a personal falling out.

100% If it's results the management team goes Cameron was appointed by Murray. Potter has been involved in scouting and signing our players as well as some coaching. 

Just now, renton said:

It really doesn't. When Gus 'slaphead' McPherson was mutually consented by us in December 2021 after stinking the place out, his assistant stayed at the club and is still the assistant manager today. 

The new appointment will either get to decide whether the existing backroom staff are useful before replacement, or be forced to work with them to minimise the costs of the change. 

Just now, lellywong said:

Listen to his post match interview, maybe the Board didn't like his honesty about the team🙄

I don’t think this is the case. Whatever you say about Murray, he has always been pretty upfront and honest with the supporters about the state of the squad and poor performances as he sees them. Much better than our previous manager in that respect, hopefully our Board understand these types of interviews are what supporters actually want as opposed to generic waffle that we have been subjected to in the past.

I think the timing of this is awful. Let’s hope there is swift action behind the scenes, because if a title challenge is the aim, the upcoming fixtures could already see a significant gap against our rivals unless performances improve.

I’m sure the full info will be leaked as per always.

Shocking timing and lots of capital been spunked on multi year contracts.

I like Murray, always came across as a decent bloke. What I will say however is to not have the team fit enough is unacceptable and I will repeat what I thought of that second half yesterday - diabolical.

A different system and we could have got at Airdrie with ease yesterday.

Crazy times

Just now, Claudia Gentile said:

Source?

Statement by the club on Twitter including 'the club has decided to terminate his contract'. I am surprised as it seems to me he has done relatively well. 

3 minutes ago, smokie29 said:

I’m unsure why so many Rape Rovers are surprised by this decision. You simply have to remember what line of work your wealthy benefactor comes from. After all the ‘conservatory’ business is extremely cut throat and when anyone steps out of line they are swiftly dealt with. I can only assume this is what Murray done. Or maybe he found out the true source of rovers new found wealth? Or maybe he just didn’t pay his tic bill. Food for thought. 

Makes you think though?

TELEMMGLPICT000374404316_17134618705780_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqzCWQqyLDgGoINPWx3-nQtXoTL377ZPdFm5jiOzQy2js.jpeg.926e9885b0ca20da113489b4e3c49b56.jpeg

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Not sure why, the whole point of this structure is that the manager takes the blame and you remove him and plug a new one in to avoid overhauling the whole management every 18 months.

11 hours ago, RR #1 said:

When you've been beaten by a team with an inferior squad for the 6th time in a row you really have to ask questions of the manager. 

Andrew Barrowman found?

9 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Perhaps too early to be hitting the panic buttons but if certain problems persist we could struggle.

Perhaps not. 

Seems mad looking from the outside but maybe the owners can use their contacts and get a guy in from the Colombian league who can make the step up. 

Joking aside, it seems mental to use last seasons reversion to the mean as an excuse after backing him in the summer window. That suggests that something happened yesterday, but who knows. Raith have been praised for being good at communicating with supporters since the new owners came in but something seems a bit off here.