The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, mealsonwheels said:

Just saving this for when he pops up as our new manager and I can re post 😁

Go for it. I’d probably say the same about a Falkirk or Dunfermline and theyre both bigger than Raith. I don’t get the thinking Raith have this alleged pulling power. When Murray went, absolutely. They were a league up. Now, meh. 
But obviously I might be wrong. So be it if so. 

23 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I don’t know. You’re only as good as your next game, especially in this league. Airdrie of course have had a great start this season, but things can change very quickly. We are a very obvious example. It wasn’t too long ago Murray was in contention with the bookies for the Hibs job. 

Agree that football can change quickly, however that's why I think Airdrie is a better bet for him just now as he has much more margin for error. Another top half finish and some more media hype about playing nice football and I think he'd get a bigger job than Raith quite easily. Whereas on paper the only way he can improve Raith is to win promotion given they finished 2nd and lost in the play-off final. Finishing in the top half with us looks far more likely than him going into Raith just now and taking them up. That plus the other issues like lack of coaching badges, compensation and his fall-out with Fordyce means I think it's very unlikely, although certainly not impossible.

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

Got to wonder how the likes of Stanton, Easton and co are feeling when Murray was instrumental in their decision to stay.

Easton spoke to Dunfermline towards the end of last season but we unsurprisingly didn’t meet coin demands. Maybe we can get him on the cheap now as he’ll be looking for a way out. 

I think in the longer term McCabe would have more chance of success with us than Airdrie, but I reckon the squad he has at Airdrie are far more suited to the type of football he is playing than the Rovers squad, so this season he'd probably be writing off as a transitional season.

In any case, his next move will be to a premier league team. Probably Hibs (assuming Murray doesn't get that job :lol:).

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Easton spoke to Dunfermline towards the end of last season but we unsurprisingly didn’t meet coin demands. Maybe we can get him on the cheap now as he’ll be looking for a way out. 

Funnily enough Easton has been a passenger since December. There are a few of our players who either need a kick up the backside or moved on based on their performances in 2024.

Is this what happens when you give players a bit of 'security'. Airdrie fans criticise for only offering one year deals,  to me this is the flip side to that argument,   

Dylan Easton who I had the privilege of watching for a season in L1 is and always will be a diva,  Murray could always get a tune out him,  to me Championship level is at a push his level,  the media will do what they do and blow smoke up his arse which hasn't helped the lad,   Connolly was Raiths best player yesterday a constant pest and did what Dylan should be doing,   the way Murray acted when Hamilton pulled up was totally irresponsible,  but did Murray think Hamilton was swinging the lead that's why he forced him back on,   all leads to trouble brewing behind the scenes....   

Do Raith have a successor in mind, surely they do...

Finally if Raith carry out the right approach, meet compensation requirements and agree  favourable terms Rhys McCabe will be the next Raith Rovers manager that I have no doubt,    timing isn't perfect in life. Airdrie know he will go within the next 12 months,  interesting few days ahead...

16 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

And he shat himself in school. Always think white chinos are a risky choice for “someone like that”.

Is that an actual thing? I mean Imrie shitting himself at school. White chinos are a risky choice for anyone not wanting to look like an extra from Miami Vice but especially so for someone with a ‘shitting themselves’ history. Please tell me this is true.

Well this isnt the start of the season we all thought... here was me thinking we would bring some players in to build on last season and get us competing at top of league again.. not the manager being fired after one game. His post match interview was a weird one.. felt like he was taking a swipe at player recruitment, the physio, the fitness coach, the players and everyone bar himself.

Thanks for last season though, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

Edited by R12ATH

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

We were under him only Holt can class going from 2nd to 6th and say "he was up against it"

He managed one of the most remarkable turnarounds in Scottish football history*

*please do not research which direction that turnaround was in. 

30 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Is that an actual thing? I mean Imrie shitting himself at school. White chinos are a risky choice for anyone not wanting to look like an extra from Miami Vice but especially so for someone with a ‘shitting themselves’ history. Please tell me this is true.

Can’t remember the background (someone from school told someone else type thing) but apparently so yep

45 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Go for it. I’d probably say the same about a Falkirk or Dunfermline and theyre both bigger than Raith. I don’t get the thinking Raith have this alleged pulling power. When Murray went, absolutely. They were a league up. Now, meh. 
But obviously I might be wrong. So be it if so. 

What was the attendance at yesterday's game. Thought I read just over 1400. Why would anyone want to manage in front of 1k fans when things are good.

I can’t see it being McCabe for a number of reasons. First one being that he has full control at Airdrie, he won’t get that anywhere else. The next glaring issue he would see is the age of the squad yous have assembled. Then there’s the messy fall out with Fordyce. I also think our squad isn’t that far behind yours but again is that down to us having a superior manager that can get the most out of players rather than Murray?

2 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Anyone mentioned Robbie Neilson ?

He's on mega bucks in Florida in the US. Can't see him even considering coming back to Scotland for Raith.

9 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

What was the attendance at yesterday's game. Thought I read just over 1400. Why would anyone want to manage in front of 1k fans when things are good.

I'm sure that's some creative accountancy because the rovers end was pretty busy probably about 700 to 800 in there alone. 

That said Airdrie end didn't look particularly busy. 

Shite catering as well.

57 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

5 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

I can’t see it being McCabe for a number of reasons. First one being that he has full control at Airdrie, he won’t get that anywhere else. The next glaring issue he would see is the age of the squad yous have assembled. Then there’s the messy fall out with Fordyce. I also think our squad isn’t that far behind yours but again is that down to us having a superior manager that can get the most out of players rather than Murray?

Have to admit, McCabe is talented. Don’t worry he won’t come to us. Me personally and it’s just me btw. I want Jim Magilton