The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

If the decision was made long ago then why wait until now? Surely the board didn’t lose faith in him after the playoffs, let him add players to the group and then sack him after a bad start? 

Maybe I’m doing Raith a disservice but I don’t think there’s any way you can slice this that makes them look good in this situation. Either they’ve panicked and reacted quickly to results or they’ve delayed a pretty big decision when it could’ve been taken months ago? Will be interesting to see how this plays out though. 

Maybe the club have known who they want but there was a lot of variables on whether they could get him therefore putting blocks on sacking Murray?

It was good that we've been transparent. I am however going to dissent here and say that I am not particularly reassured. The decision has been made and that's the end of it, but I disagree with the rationale behind it. I further disagree with Barrowman on timings: it's clearly been in the works for some time and we should've done it in the summer if this is what we were thinking. 

We have a very crucial decision ahead of us and I really hope we don't f**k it up. Murray had a fair bit of credit in the bank with the fans and the new manager needs to hit the ground running. 

Just now, Brashy's Boots said:

The answers to all your questions are in the interview. 

I’ll give it a whirl later on or tomorrow. I wasn’t expecting the club to actually explain why they had held off until this precise moment to get this done. 

Just now, Raithie said:

Maybe the club have known who they want but there was a lot of variables on whether they could get him therefore putting blocks on sacking Murray?

So they’ve held onto Murray until this next guy has become available? I get that this situation might sometimes arise but football is quite a close knit circle at times even across clubs. I find it hard to believe that Murray wouldn’t have been aware that his employers were seeking out his replacement before sacking him. 

A few points out of this. 

We dish out an extension at the peak of our season. Something goes wrong after this and we're not the same team which we knew. 

Talk of a "sizeable transfer budget" and that moves for players are still progressing. Does this mean our manager whoever that'll be is getting a team and they need to manage it? 

This will include a number of players who will be loyal to Murray. Brown has already made a comment on twitter about how much he owes and respects Murray. 

The board were counting the league cup as genuine competition and perhaps a loss of potential revenue has caused the knives to be sharpened. 

We have been poor this pre season, league cup, (1) league game and the board have viewed this as a terminal decline. 

We have looked at who we want and without admitting as much potentially tapped up preferred candidates. 

Barrowman also expects Murray to be back in a job quickly. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

It was good that we've been transparent. I am however going to dissent here and say that I am not particularly reassured. The decision has been made and that's the end of it, but I disagree with the rationale behind it. I further disagree with Barrowman on timings: it's clearly been in the works for some time and we should've done it in the summer if this is what we were thinking. 

We have a very crucial decision ahead of us and I really hope we don't f**k it up. Murray had a fair bit of credit in the bank with the fans and the new manager needs to hit the ground running. 

Me personally Ian Murray should’ve had  the chance to get it sorted. The board seem to be far too progressive and clearly can’t handle the truth after his appraisal of the Airdrie debacle 

Well I guess a big thanks to Ian Murray for all his time and efforts with us. I’m sure everyone at RRFC will wish him the best for the future 👏 some good memories last season my only real complaint with IM was his decision to never leave a man up for a corner TBF he’s not the only manager who does it.  

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So they’ve held onto Murray until this next guy has become available? I get that this situation might sometimes arise but football is quite a close knit circle at times even across clubs. I find it hard to believe that Murray wouldn’t have been aware that his employers were seeking out his replacement before sacking him. 

Why not? he was clearly not aware his job was at risk.

Thought it was a decent interview, spoke well of IM and his achievements, but also spoke of the issues most of us have seen. Style of football, hinted at lack of chances or goals which gives us the opportunity to win games.

Provided info that this has been discussed for a while and they are already down the line with an appointment.

Money is there to pay IM off as well as giving any new manager funds to strengthen. 

Having heard this I believe number 1 choice is Rhys McCabe.

Think we have to trust these guys that are running our club.Done a great job so far with regards to work in and around the stadium,engaging with support and the likes

Important supporters stick by the  club/players

In terms of the timing I actually thought Barrowman explained it well. There was a clear issue with creating chances towards the end of last season and he gave him the first 8 games of the season to turn it around. There wasn’t even a hint that things were improving and Murray said himself on Saturday that he didn’t know what the problem was.

The credit Murray had in the bank was only with the fans. It’s the reason there weren’t too many questioning his position yet.  It counts for nothing with the board who are tasked with using their heads to run our club rather than their hearts.

Like most people I was shocked by the decision but I agree completely with the rationale given for it and actually now think it was probably the right decision. However, the massive caveat to that is that it only works if they get the right man in to replace him.

Just now, Rovers_Lad said:

Think we have to trust these guys that are running our club.Done a great job so far with regards to work in and around the stadium,engaging with support and the likes

So it’s Callum Fordyce

Just now, Rovers_Lad said:

Agree with this.  Lets get right behind the Rovers on Sat ! 

The “see and hear” comments were interesting, suggesting either some players weren’t happy with certain things or the board have eyes and ears in the dressing room (Potter?) who’s seen something he doesn’t like.

Also pretty desperate to claim it’s “Game 8” of the season as some form of justification. Who the f**k cares about results or performances in pre-season games?