The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Agree but opposition fans are generally on the wind up so take little notice. For Airdrie fans let's face it until something is announced you will be worried that we will take McCabe.

Not worried in the slightest.

No chance it’s McCabe.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

f**king hell. Comedy. He isn’t unemployed so your point is completely mute. 

My point is that Raith are (f**king obviously) a better proposition than Airdrie are for a prospective manager. McCabe might well want to stay at Airdrie but it’ll be because he’s after bigger than Raith, not because Raith aren’t a better prospect. 

8 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Come on it is a Hanlon/Stevenson stick on. All planned during the summer and waited on the right time to announce. The money saved on salary.

Don't think that's a million miles off. Hanlon has been "injured" since he arrived and we've had next to no information about him or his recovery (yes I know IM said he'd be back soon). 34 with a 3 year contract - makes sense if player manager.

Wildcard - Brian Graham player/ manager. We need a striker and he has successfully managed Partick women's team to a cup final.

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

My point is that Raith are (f**king obviously) a better proposition than Airdrie are for a prospective manager. McCabe might well want to stay at Airdrie but it’ll be because he’s after bigger than Raith, not because Raith aren’t a better prospect. 

I don’t disagree that Raith are bigger etc. However, McCabe won’t move to Raith because, for him, airdrie are a better proposition at the moment. This is why he will stay at airdrie for now. Not because he is after bigger than Raith (although this kind of goes hand in hand with the other point)

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It’s not Murray that directly and individually signs the players. He had an input, but it done as part of a team along with Potter and Barrowman. So the squad building isn’t done exclusively by the manager which is why him leaving and someone else coming in doesn’t make that much of a difference in terms of the squad that’s been built. They’re only losing 1/3rd of the team - at maximum (could be more people involved). 

Sounds like the absolute bollocks the Ayr board used to spout about Lee Bullen. Hopefully you get someone in who won't agree to lengthy contracts for past it Hibees (speaking from experience). 

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

I'm a wee bit scepical of the goings on behind the scenes, however I've not been a massive fan of Murray, especially since the Friday night 3-2 defeat at Gayfield, and as a result I'm not as cut up as some have been by his departure.

I think his replacement will be Tam Courts, much as I'd really like it to be Rhys McCabe I just can't see it for a raft of various reasons. The only other name I think we'd go for is Barry Robson. The Hughes, Dodds, McCalls, Imries  and MacIntyres of this world can GTF.

If it's going to be an ex-Kelty man it has to be Courts as I really get the fear contemplating Ferguson, Thomson or Potter.

Brexit makes a non UK applicant hugely unlikely and to be honest even the expense incurred in re-locating someone from just elsewhere in the British Isles would add to what (regardless of what AB said) would be an additional financial burden adding to a potentially un-budgeted for event, to wit, I can't see that happening either.

Courts isnt leaving Saudi Arabia, and the money he'll be on there, to manage you, IMO.

Leven could be interesting but also a bit risky. We need someone who comes in and hits the ground running. We have three tough games this month and to lose any/all 3 will likely put us at a large disadvantage already going into a Fife derby. 

Leven is also limited in experience and exposure, there is no way you could discern what sort of style he'd be looking to play based solely on his interim stint at Aberdeen. 

Liam Fox need not apply. I'd also agree with a previous post that Tam Courts will be very unlikely to cut down on what is likely to be a significant salary in Saudi. 

11 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Leven could be interesting but also a bit risky. We need someone who comes in and hits the ground running. We have three tough games this month and to lose any/all 3 will likely put us at a large disadvantage already going into a Fife derby. 

Leven is also limited in experience and exposure, there is no way you could discern what sort of style he'd be looking to play based solely on his interim stint at Aberdeen. 

Liam Fox need not apply. I'd also agree with a previous post that Tam Courts will be very unlikely to cut down on what is likely to be a significant salary in Saudi. 

Leven is definitely an interesting one I hadn’t even considered, Liam fox -I will hand my season ticket back and agree tam courts never going to leave Saudi .  Think we will go down the younger coach/ manager route just a feeling