The New Raith Rovers Thread

53 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Not asking for much then?

Just a ‘left field’ appointment, with a ‘proven track record’, who’s willing to ‘work within the setup’.

You’ll not be alone in struggling to think of anyone specific there.

Hey, I can dream can't I 😄

Let's see how ambitious the board really are, maybe 🎅 will come early

15 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

Hey, I can dream can't I 😄

Let's see how ambitious the board really are, maybe 🎅 will come early

Ambition probably has to be tempered with realism. A foreign appointment requires a work permit, that can take weeks to get through 

No idea who we're going to appoint, but I feel its safe to say that Brown or McCabe won't be our next manager, and i'd say that is mostly down to timing. We questioned the timing of getting rid of Murray, but equally, that timing should be questioned around the availability and willingness of potential appointments.

Had we done this at the end of last season, before any team started their business for this year, there may have been an opportunity for either to decide that a move could be good, but now the season has started, their teams are signed and for the most part, playing well, there is no chance either of them thinks about moving on. 

Similarly with O'Carroll, if its true we approached to talk to him, why would he even consider it while St. Mirren are starting a new campaign, they're settled and also playing in Europe (this week). You'd be mad to throw that away right now. I really hope part of the profile for this short list and due dilligence that Barrowman says we've done for the next appointment includes "interested in moving" 

Thanks to the input from the ONNN pod, I've more or less fully rationalised Murray being sacked.

The timing remains the thing I can't get over, though. If we take Barrowman & the board at face value, Murray should have been away within 24 hours of the season ending defeat in Dingwall. That would have allowed a few weeks of discussions, with an appointment in place for the players returning from their holidays.

I said as much last night but I'm convinced the board didn't have a single candidate in mind, more a proper 'shortlist' of potential names they'd be keen to speak to. This being the case, it made sacking Murray in June even more sensible.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I dont want to believe they'd sack a manager without having a replacement in waiting. 

Maybe not a replacement lined up but more a 'we know what we're looking for and have a few names we'd like to approach'? 

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Maybe not a replacement lined up but more a 'we know what we're looking for and have a few names we'd like to approach'? 

But if said potential candidates are at other clubs then if announced say Tuesday next week it’s just over a week,  that isn’t slow tbh ,negotiations need to happen between candidates and their clubs etc

32 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Safe to assume Sportsound will have someone at Stark’s today - and you’d expect there would be a request for an interview with Barrowman. Be interesting to see whether he fronts up to answer their questions.

Why did you sack our pal? Why is Yogi not being considered? They sort of insightful questions that sportsound usually have.

33 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Wonder what the contingency plans are if all their targets turn us down, ...........perish the thought ............... but

12 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Why did you sack our pal? Why is Yogi not being considered? They sort of insightful questions that sportsound usually have.

Possibly. But they will challenge him more than a RaithTV interview when it comes to his answers.

48 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Safe to assume Sportsound will have someone at Stark’s today - and you’d expect there would be a request for an interview with Barrowman. Be interesting to see whether he fronts up to answer their questions.

The man literally spent 19 minutes talking about it this week. What more do folk want 😂

He said himself that some might not agree with the decision, and time will tell if they have made the right move doing it now.

I’ll admit that if they don’t appoint someone before the Ayr game then there is more to be said, but for now surely it’s just a case of back the team today, announce a new manager in the coming week or two and let’s see how they get on.

1 hour ago, Rover the Moon said:

Interview with Barrowman confirmed on sportsound