The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Murray will be back in charge by this time next week I bet 

Instead of Love Actually, the unveiling video will be that episode of Dallas....

Cards on the table. Am I the only one who doesn't buy the party line from the club about Murrays sacking. 

The whole timing of it has more than a whiff of sacking him before he starts to pick up wins. 

There might be an amazing candidate waiting in the wings but the news or lack of is telling. The latest is we're tapping up Scott Brown who comparative to Murray doesnt strike me as an upgrade at this time.  He is already in a job where he is being backed to build a team. 

I am more than willing to take shit on this when (hopefully) it transpires to be a stroke of genius but I am somewhat apprehensive at this time.

Assume that all the highly rated assts. And coaches have turned us down. Brown and McCabe were never realistic options, surely? So, we are left with someone like Fox or Thomson (we likely have a budget he'd be happy with now)

Given people still speculate about Courts and the Kelty board falling out years ago, it's likely if there is more to it (which I think there probably is) we won't get the details.

If this wasn't a knee jerk sacking in the wake of the Airdrie game then you would have thought we'd have discreetly inquired as to whether any of our shortlist wanted the job before sacking Murray.

I don't think Brown would be an upgrade on Murray and given him being in a job that he's well backed in it could be expensive to get him.

Just now, renton said:

Assume that all the highly rated assts. And coaches have turned us down. Brown and McCabe were never realistic options, surely? So, we are left with someone like Fox or Thomson (we likely have a budget he'd be happy with now)

Berra threw his hat in the ring, must've played alongside Micky at some point, I'd rather try that than go with the above

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Berra threw his hat in the ring, must've played alongside Micky at some point, I'd rather try that than go with the above

Aye, risky and uninspiring yet still better than a proven failure like Fox.

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Yeah. Leven and O'Dea seemed like gambles but at least there was a reasonable hope they could be successful. 

Fox is a guaranteed disaster. 

18 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

He walked out on us on the eve of a season and gave us no time to find a replacement, no thanks 

Don't know, I still think that was a combination of Berra probably feeling he was near done and Murray probably making it clear to him that we had pretty much no money to sign anybody.  Berra wouldn't have been on a small wage, especially being a McGlynn signing, and he made a comment when he left that him retiring would allow the club to bring new players in.  I don't think it's a coincidence he left and within a couple of days we announced 3 signings.

Edited by SanStarko

55 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I think realistically there’s three that we know about who’ve turned down the opportunity. 

I see some of the fan base have reached the stage of making stuff up to support their pessimism. 

Which three of the myriad unsubstantiated rumours do you know turned us down?

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Eh? What have I missed?

Who do we KNOW has turned it down?

We dont even know if anyone has been contacted or even if we've asked permission to speak to anyone, normally you get the press saying a board has asked permission to speak to another clubs manager, but thes been zilch about anything so far

13 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Don't know, I still think that was a combination of Berra probably feeling he was near done and Murray probably making it clear to him that we had pretty much no money to sign anybody.  Berra wouldn't have been on a small wage, especially being a McGlynn signing, and he made a comment when he left that him retiring would allow the club to bring new players in.  I don't think it's a coincidence he left and within a couple of days we announced 3 signings.

Yeah I remember the comment and at face value that is a good thing but why not say during pre season etc, anyway too big a job for him as little experience and Murray could feel hard done to if it happens 

Just now, Been going too long said:

Yeah I remember the comment and at face value that is a good thing but why not say during pre season etc, anyway too big a job for him as little experience and Murray could feel hard done to if it happens 

You forget a certain James Nicholl with no experience and look where that got us

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

It is. I think he might train with the 1st team as he's been in Gym64 with everyone else most days. 

We do still need a third keeper.

As for the next manager...I'll be over for the Falkirk game if they'd like to interview me. All for the young players, you know.