The New Raith Rovers Thread

Still not sure what to make of Brown as a manager and if he is an upgrade on Murray but more than happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Started well for Ayr this season and has made some good signings for them.

Speaking to someone I know this morning who follows English football.  Apparently he did not too bad in Fleetwood the issue was the club being a mess rather than him being a disaster.  

Just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, bagpuss said:

Don't know if this has been talked about recently but what's happened to the work on the cladding? Picked up my away top on Friday and there seems to be no progress whatsoever. With a 3 week gap between home games this was the ideal time to crack on.

Does anyone know if he club will be replacing the end of the main stand which currently looks like a old greenhouse as part of the over cladding , Replacing the glass with perspex

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

If it's Brown, whom we would have had to ask Ayr for permission to speak to, and both clubs have managed to keep it shtum from any concrete leaks then that's some going in this day and age. 

Yeah, the fact there's been zero real leaks, kinda suggests it's not somebody who's a manager at another club just now.  If it was a guy who was just a coach at another club you could maybe understand it not leaking.

If it is Brown it would make the game on Saturday some laugh though.

13 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Its part of the work to get the large LED screen in place for advertising. The club have doubled the advertising prices because they can now get a lot more thanks to the screen. The cladding needed to accompany and protect the LED. 

Does that mean they'll get rid of those oversized boars by the top right corner that are obstructing the view in parts of the main stand. Raith TV commentators have raised it on a few occasions. 

I know it's money but you can't really sabotage the view of the pitch. 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

Does that mean they'll get rid of those oversized boars by the top right corner that are obstructing the view in parts of the main stand. Raith TV commentators have raised it on a few occasions. 

I know it's money but you can't really sabotage the view of the pitch. 

Probably not because that is direct pitchside advertising. I do think moving them to the back wall against Pratt Street would be better for them though.

Can't see us stumping up money to pay off Murray and also compensate Ayr. That would be a pretty penny. This board does have the capacity to surprise though.

Brown may also be pretty happy where he is given their start. I think the comment on his sacking at Fleetwood is fair. That club was a basket case last season so it may be more of a reflection on those running  the club rather than Brown's performance.

I could see a scenario where if it was Brown though nothing gets announced until after Saturday's game

Brown would be an great choice and would directly take away from one of our rivals. His recruitment in the summer seems to have been absolutely spot on and they've started the strongest out of all the teams in the league. I'd be absolutely amazed if it came to pass that we'd reached an agreement to take him from Ayr. 

He's also not Liam Fox which is a huge positive.

Edited by Broken Algorithms

Just on that latest Scott Brown rumour did he actually interview when Ian Murray got the job? 

He was rumoured to be in the running but Fleetwood came in and he was off. 

Like others have said, I’d be very surprised given how well he’s been backed at Ayr and how well they’ve started…. but you never know. 

When there were rumours about him coming here before Murray got the job I was very vocal in not wanting him, mostly due to the ‘thug’ persona. 
It seems to be widely agreed however that that was more of an act and he seems to be a good manager so happy to eat humble pie on that one. 

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Just on that latest Scott Brown rumour did he actually interview when Ian Murray got the job? 

I'm pretty sure he did but every man, Jack and their dog were saying 'hope it's not Brown'

8 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I’d heard he’d verbally accepted the job prior to Murray getting it, before calling back the next day to say he had taken the Fleetwood gig. 

Just now, RaithRyan said:

I’d heard he’d verbally accepted the job prior to Murray getting it, before calling back the next day to say he had taken the Fleetwood gig. 

That would have been a no brainer at the time. Our squad was a mess and the new owners hadn't arrived yet. It would have been a slog for a first time manager.

I love that after a few morally correct and well praised "trust the board" posts we are back to being rabid gossip hunters.

Paying off Murray, compo for Brown, maybe he has a walk away clause if such a thing exists. Possible change of assistant....a dozen posts back we couldn't afford bolts for the cladding

More of this hysteria please 🙏