The New Raith Rovers Thread

We need to try Vaughan with another striker to give us a different option. When he first came through he played with Mark Stewart who was described as a "speed boat without a driver" however both seemed to benefit from the pairing. 

We also played a 433 in Barry Smiths season in the seaside league where we scored a shit load of goals. The leagues probably too tight to unleash it to often but we could morph into it mod game. 

2 hours ago, Rover1883 said:

You'll be the only one 🤣

Then so be it. I don’t need anyone’s approval to clap for who i want. He was brilliant for us in both spells.

Reckon without question or doubt the new manager is announced tomorrow. As a body language and reaction expert without question the new xavi Jamieson has met the new manager and they'll be announced tomorrow with Potter and Cameron taking the team Saturday.

If I'm wrong I'll change my name back to Geordie Munro.

1 minute ago, Daz80 said:

So who was the tactical geniuses we’ve had then? Or just going to reply with shite gifs? 

I’m only responding with shite gifs as you put it, because you’re bending the knee to an arsehole that could’ve ruined the club. We’re a championship team and because of HIS dull tactics saw us flounder. You’ll be the only one clapping when that lot arrive at Starks.

1 hour ago, Only me... said:

I think anyone in and around scottish football will look at the job like that. The fact that 3 weeks or so have passed and there is no short list of applicants is concerning. It now looks like you will employ someone unknown as a last resort that will tick the chairman's boxes. The only names that have been mentioned are purely from fans rumours and wishes, normally some names are leaked by agents and club staff to journalists,  this has not happened yet.

You seem remarkably well informed on the progress of our recruitment. How do you know there is no short list of applicants? Your concern about this entirely made up state of affairs is touching but maybe unnecessary. You'll sleep better if you let it go.

And sign an unknown to tick boxes? Unknown to who? You? I'm fairly confident our staff have better connections in the game than you. The names being flung around have come from Ayr fans amongst others, such as journalists, bookies, fans of other clubs and yes, our own.

It'll all be over soon.

6 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I’m only responding with shite gifs as you put it, because you’re bending the knee to an arsehole that could’ve ruined the club. We’re a championship team and because of HIS dull tactics saw us flounder. You’ll be the only one clapping when that lot arrive at Starks.

Bending the knee, don’t be so dramatic. I’ll clap him before the game, him and Paul smith. Proper rovers men with a lot of history. That one signing that the board sanctioned won’t change that. 

Now the tactics are dull you are saying, not inept. You really do slaver some shite at times.

15 minutes ago, pub car king said:

We need to try Vaughan with another striker to give us a different option. When he first came through he played with Mark Stewart who was described as a "speed boat without a driver" however both seemed to benefit from the pairing. 

We also played a 433 in Barry Smiths season in the seaside league where we scored a shit load of goals. The leagues probably too tight to unleash it to often but we could morph into it mod game. 

Rumour has it Stewart is still offside somewhere. 

Vaughan was played lw under Smith and did well but is definitely better through the middle imo. It was also in l1. 

2 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I'm far from the only person who wouldn't want mcglynn back due to all that however, he's undoubtedly been our most tactically astute manager and twice got us back to being an established championship team. Stop being a knob, give credit where it's due. 

You're also only responding with shite gifs because that's your level tbqhwy. 

As do you, btw Rovers men my arse. Rovers men wouldn’t sign a f**king rapist🖕

Please can you drop this. It’s irrelevant, old and tedious.

My eyes have been bleeding for three weeks with manager situation, cladding and now you want to talk incessantly about John McGlynn.

FWIW I’m sure the Falkirk fans give him enough adulation with what he’s done with them to worry about ‘Stardog Champion’ giving him a boo.

16 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

John mcglynn twice took us from the shite of l1 to being an established championship team. He sold on players to make the club some money, most notably right now, Bowie. It's a toss up between him and Murray for who got us closer to the premiership in 20+ years. 

This threads horrific right now but;

Use your brain cell and define what a "rovers man" is? 

38 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Apart from Bert Herdman, McGlynn was our manager for longer than anyone else, you don’t be a manager for 10 years at a club and not get the sack if you aren’t a good manager. 

He will always be a rovers man in my book. Btw do you actually go to the games? Can’t recall ever seeing you in years down at starks or any away game. 

Just now, grumswall said:

John mcglynn twice took us from the shite of l1 to being an established championship team. He sold on players to make the club some money, most notably right now, Bowie. It's a toss up between him and Murray for who got us closer to the premiership in 20+ years. 

This threads horrific right now but;

Use your brain cell and define what a "rovers man" is? 

Yup I’ll admit he was great for us early on. I don’t appreciate you gaslighting me about how to think with my brain cell as you put it. There is no Rovers men anymore. But let’s all forget the humiliation we as fans, the club and the woman that had to be reminded of what happened to her when the whole country and first minister literally condemned OUR club. On a personal level and it’s mine and my own he won’t be welcomed at Starks, I’ll stay silent when his team visit. 

4 minutes ago, Daz80 said:

Apart from Bert Herdman, McGlynn was our manager for longer than anyone else, you don’t be a manager for 10 years at a club and not get the sack if you aren’t a good manager. 

He will always be a rovers man in my book. Btw do you actually go to the games? Can’t recall ever seeing you in years down at starks or any away game. 

I don’t even know you. I go to as many games as I can. I’ve been to see Cliftonville too is that a problem like? 

Edited by Stardog_champion

I’ve not had time to read through the last few day or so posts but wasn’t the St Mirren assistant linked with the job and all of a sudden Jamieson  signs without a manager confirmed, may be reading too much into it right enough.

I’ve been to see Cliftonville too is that a problem like? 

This is what I mean when I said you slaver some shite. 

1 minute ago, Stardog_champion said:

Daz80 nut ye’ve got me there, yer name disnae ring a bell

Disliking every post i make 🤣🤣 What a big baby you are. Get yourself to bed big man. 

5 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I’ve not had time to read through the last few day or so posts but wasn’t the St Mirren assistant linked with the job and all of a sudden Jamieson  signs without a manager confirmed, may be reading too much into it right enough.

O'Carroll was seemingly asked about the job but opted to stay put. Just coincidence in this one that Jamieson signed on right after. A few other teams at this level were after him.