The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Yup I’ll admit he was great for us early on. I don’t appreciate you gaslighting me about how to think with my brain cell as you put it. There is no Rovers men anymore. But let’s all forget the humiliation we as fans, the club and the woman that had to be reminded of what happened to her when the whole country and first minister literally condemned OUR club. On a personal level and it’s mine and my own he won’t be welcomed at Starks, I’ll stay silent when his team visit. 

In what way was I "gaslighting" you? I'm not sure you even understand the meaning tbh.

Keep living in the past. The club is moving forward with it. John mcglynn will never be rovers manager again, so it's an utterly insane pathway to go down. 

Preffered you when you where baillieinleeds tbh. 

Just now, grumswall said:

In what way was I "gaslighting" you? I'm not sure you even understand the meaning tbh.

Keep living in the past. The club is moving forward with it. John mcglynn will never be rovers manager again, so it's an utterly insane pathway to go down. 

Preffered you when you where baillieinleeds tbh. 

I preferred me when I was ARoverinLeeds if I’m honest. 

get Vaughn playing alongside whoever is chosen as the main striker and feed off them providing we are one up front again. Come back Joe Baker, Gordie Wallace 1&2 Andy Harrow and all the rest that played in a 2 or 3 attacking forward line. Ok we got beat but we did score a few goals.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

A few other teams at this level were after him. 

I believe Morton thought they had him on Tuesday , but the lad heard Airdrie and Raith were interested and snubbed the move !

13 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Think Tx rover is earmarked for the job, his wealth of experience and attention to detail, pie charts and insistence on playing youngsters makes him the ideal candidate........... a move back across the pond is imminent 🤗🤗😂😂

Be there for the Falkirk match...but we're still a bit short on youth for my liking.

7 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Who’s signing the players? 

No comment

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It's all done by AI Bots these days.

I said, no comment.

Jamieson seems one who's too good for League One, but not good enough for the Premiership, so Championship should be exactly where he fits in and performs. I like him and think he'll surprise with how good he is.

Bit bizarre to see people claim May is injury prone player who never scores though. He's been back with us 5 years, i cant remember a single injury, and he also hit double figures twice in that time. He barely played last season because Levein didn't fancy him as he wanted more pace up front, and he didn't score because he didn't play and when he did it was more on the wing than up front. I don't think he's what you need though as he's not a main striker anymore, he's more like a Vaughan who needs to play off one to thrive.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jamieson seems one who's too good for League One, but not good enough for the Premiership, so Championship should be exactly where he fits in and performs. I like him and think he'll surprise with how good he is.

Bit bizarre to see people claim May is injury prone player who never scores though. He's been back with us 5 years, i cant remember a single injury, and he also hit double figures twice in that time. He barely played last season because Levein didn't fancy him as he wanted more pace up front, and he didn't score because he didn't play and when he did it was more on the wing than up front. I don't think he's what you need though as he's not a main striker anymore, he's more like a Vaughan who needs to play off one to thrive.

You clearly haven't been reading everything on this thread.  It's a place for paranoia, hyperbole and making shit up based on no information.  Be gone with you and your sensible, well-reasoned points.....

10 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

You seem remarkably well informed on the progress of our recruitment. How do you know there is no short list of applicants? 

Prove me wrong then and tell us all who is on the short list, and not just the fantasy fan list.

10 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

And sign an unknown to tick boxes? Unknown to who? You? I'm fairly confident our staff have better connections in the game than you. 

My point that you seem to have missed is that the person(s) that you eventually recruit will be far from your first choice as a proven candidate with experience in this league and will need to fit in with your chairman's business model. As this drags on without names being mentioned other than fantasies or wind ups, it indicates your chairman is not really being transparent with the situation, especially the cause of it all. This will be off-puting to any likely names in the game and point to a more likely appointment of someone below the radar. Either that or go with what you have now, but I don't think that is your clubs ambition. 

29 minutes ago, Only me... said:

My point that you seem to have missed is that the person(s) that you eventually recruit will be far from your first choice as a proven candidate with experience in this league and will need to fit in with your chairman's business model. As this drags on without names being mentioned other than fantasies or wind ups, it indicates your chairman is not really being transparent with the situation, especially the cause of it all. This will be off-puting to any likely names in the game and point to a more likely appointment of someone below the radar. Either that or go with what you have now, but I don't think that is your clubs ambition. 

Bookmark this. Will be good to come back to!

What will be will be, the transition of P&B into full Fantalk has been a blast.

From Liam Fox through to Thierry Henry and everything in between the interest and anxiety has been fun to be part of.

We are nowhere near the depths of despair some would like to feed off. The extra week without an appointment has actually reassured me that we won't be grabbing someone with A crap CV.  Barrowman gave us an honest update when we demanded one. Their hand hasn't worked as they hoped and they are working on a positive solution. TIme will tell if the board get it right.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow and think the new lad could make a difference. 

*sorry for making reference to a football game. 

58 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Prove me wrong then and tell us all who is on the short list, and not just the fantasy fan list.

Prove us right with your claim and not with a 'well this proves X, that proves Y'. You're guessing just as much as we are on the situation. 

We're all forgetting the fact that whoever we eventually bring in will have the same players that we have now, those same players (injuries aside) that are good enough to get us that one stage further,  it's up to them now to do the business, Potter got most of them to sign so they should at least play for him and the supporters who at the end of the day help pay their wages.

A coach will arrive eventually and to my mind the longer this goes on, the less likely it'll be Fox or a Yogi or some of the other duds thats been mentioned

1 hour ago, Only me... said:

I'd try to explain all this to you in simpler terms but I don't have any crayons. 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Prove us right with your claim and not with a 'well this proves X, that proves Y'. You're guessing just as much as we are on the situation. 

It's just my opinion. Do you not think that the lack of names being linked is a bit off?

2 hours ago, AllanJM said:

You clearly haven't been reading everything on this thread.  It's a place for paranoia, hyperbole and making shit up based on no information.  Be gone with you and your sensible, well-reasoned points.....

🤣😂.....the most sensible post on here for a wee while...in fact a long while!!

Just a wee thought....if you were playing poker....

would you on a public forum show others your cards??

1 hour ago, Only me... said:

Do you not think that the lack of names being linked is a bit off?

Not really, folk can either believe or not what the likes of Potter and Barrowman have been saying. My general opinion and view is the board are keen to ensure they get the right person more so than there's heehaw options out there interested and that we're at a standstill. I can't prove or disprove that though and it's maybe naivity on my part. I'm just going with the flow and not at panic stations yet.