The New Raith Rovers Thread

I don't understand the panic. At Barrowmans last interview, he spoke on the situation as it was at the time. Since then, most media outlets have reported that we approached Peter Leven and he declined the opportunity. So now we are back at reviewing our options and ensuring the appointment is the right one. Setbacks happen but the board are doing the smart thing in not rushing into a new appointment. You may say they rushed into the Murray sacking but if they don't feel he was the man to take the club forward, why wait? It comes to down to the point made above, you either believe what Barrowman and Potter are saying or you don't. If you do then you're likely not panicking. If you don't, then you're likely on here pishing your pants every day there isn't an update.

Do you just want the board to appoint someone who has applied for the sake of appointing someone or do you want the right person to be placed in charge? 

Edited by Kooz92

11 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

I don't understand the panic. At Barrowmans last interview, he spoke on the situation as it was at the time. Since then, most media outlets have reported that we approached Peter Leven and he declined the opportunity. So now we are back at reviewing our options and ensuring the appointment is the right one. Setbacks happen but the board are doing the smart thing in not rushing into a new appointment. You may say they rushed into the Murray sacking but if they don't feel he was the man to take the club forward, why wait? It comes to down to the point made above, you either believe what Barrowman and Potter are saying or you don't. If you do then you're likely not panicking. If you don't, then you're likely on here pishing your pants every day there isn't an update.

Do you just want the board to appoint someone who has applied for the sake of appointing someone or do you want the right person to be placed in charge? 

I see lots of people questioning the timing of the sacking but this was the point Barrowman made.  Why wait an extra few weeks just because that's what clubs usually do?  If he's not the right man, start the process of replacing him as quickly as possible and give the new man more time.  

Of course, only time will tell if they did actually make the right decision but I still trust them to take the club in the right direction and plan to continue giving them the benefit of any doubt.

34 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Anyone remember if RaithTV got to cover the games at Somerset by video for the international viewers?

No video coverage at Somerset Park, audio only with highlights in the evening.

Healy has a decent record with Linfield.  Certainly a better option than many of the names mentioned.

Would potentially be a good appointment in my opinion.