The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

What would you like me to change it too John? I wouldn't want you feeling jilted.

Let it be known that I'll do it but I was technically right. I'll be the bigger man. (unless it's officially announced in the next one hour and 3 mins).

Irished to the wrong conclusion…?

11 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Rovers board traipsing around Ireland like the man from Del Monte.

Edited by renton

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

These guys will have matches to take this weekend so any confirmation won't be until Sunday/ Monday at the earliest. 

Aye and bidding farewell to everyone, but please dont go past Monday, if I hear Lee Bullen mentioned again I'll go full Genghis Khan 😂😂😂

If it is to be David Healy, so be it. I hope he proves to be a roaring success at the club.

I’m entirely non-plussed by the sudden link to him. He’s had success at Linfield but that won’t guarantee success anywhere else. I’ll very much be open-minded to any manager the board appoints but you’ve got some work to do if you’re looking to convince me Healy was anywhere near the board’s initial shortlist three weeks ago.

Again, if it is Healy, he has every chance of success. We shouldn’t need to salivate over his potential arrival simply because he isn’t Liam Fox or any other also-ran, however. Indifference to his name/pedigree does not equate to outright negativity.

22 minutes ago, YorkshireRover said:

Assume we'll be seeing this more regularly

20230909_151523.thumb.jpg.de51c40be1f01b53e3f47e7d66e9e63d.jpg

Given the earlier suggestion of the board favouring ex Rangers players as managers, and it's proximity to their seats 🤷‍♂️ Can only guess who's flag it is 😉

Clearly we had targets closer to home who've told us to bolt for whatever reason. 

It is an interesting proposition to raid the Irish league for targets. Will it be successful who knows but kudos for being bolder than just appointing some tried and failed diddy from Scottish football.