The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, SerieA said:

Monetising the space available as all they are doing.

It's always hard to get the tone of a post but I (like a couple of others it would seem) feel like you're viewing this as a negative thing.

Finding ways to make more money from the stadium will play a massive part in taking us to the level we want to get to.  Being able to make money from the stadium when it isn't a matchday is even more important as we'll normally only play between 20 and 30 home games a season, leaving 340+ other days the stadium can be used for something else.

The latest board have done wonders for the ground so far, and continuing the project.

The last major works at Starks were the construction of the stands at each end in the mid 90s so works are long overdue to protect the ground for the next several decades.
Not a fan of Starks since the big monstrosities were put in at each end, as I am a traditionalist who believes football should be watched while standing on terracing.  However, realistically, we are never going to move out of there (unless Mr Sim expires and his family cash in the family jewels like has happened at other clubs).
I look forward to the railway stand being done up and brought back into use with safe standing, and cannot wait for that, as I'll be one of the first to buy a season ticket for standing at the side of the park giving the linesmen abuse.  That looks like it has been put on ice for now though as we have the issue with the plastic pitch.  Quicker that is replaced the better, as I also think football should be played on grass.  (I understand the 'need' for us to have the artificial pitch for a revenue stream of course, but it is going to eat into the moneys gained from it severely to replace it if we are in fact ambitious of going to the greed is good league).

Not a fan of the old stand, but the cladding/screen/logo etc are all making it look fantastic.  The works to the internals are also modernising and future proofing the club.  
Glad the board are here pushing our club forward.  Yes they will make mistakes (manager issues lately), but credit where it is due.

Onwards and hopefully upwards.

Fully appreciate that not everyone will have the same viewpoint but I think it'll be for a net positive if we come out with accounts which are returning a profit. That's quite easy for me to say as someone who rocks up to games every second week without being part of anything like the 200 club. 

I think it's important to keep perspective on where we're at as a club. Last season had some of the most insanely good highs I've experienced following Rovers. Stuff like this is slow and steady work such will put us in good stead in the future. 

Monetising every bit of space or commodity the club has is the common sense approach.

Barrowman has already suggested there’s a balance to be struck between this and the sentimentalities of fans and, well, he’s right. 

On the whole, I think the board are getting it right. They’re on a learning curve still and mistakes will be made. I don’t think this will equate to bridges being burned, however. 

Edited by CrossgatesCynic

The renovations are fantastic. I don't know how to old tea room looked in recent years, but I had been in it a few times when I was younger and it was tiny. 

I never thought we would ever have a Board that would put in the money these guys have. Even with the not so great start to this season, I feel so positive having Barrowman and the others running the place. I was initially nervous about them coming in when news first broke last year, but so far they've proved me wrong on every concern I had. 

Edited by Rovers2017

I like the message Barrowman has put across in the Q&A and in the tour video - that we want to be a Premiership club before we get promoted. These works are all part of that. It also backs what he said in the Q&A about promotion not being the only objective this season. Feels like there is a full set of short, medium and long term goals for the club, all in pragmatic balance. The fact that the accounts will show a profit after all that's happened is testament to the hard work of the Board and the backing of the support. I'd rather be contributing to a club making tangible, positive strides forward than one which is dead in its tracks or thinking their current status will do for now.

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

Just a curve ball but I believe it’s Sim that’s put the money into getting the ground done up. Granted that money might not have been available had he still been running the ‘club’ part.

Itk or just a hunch? 

12 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

a diabolical 1st half from us. lucky to be even at this stage

Watched it back a few times and still can't see any clip of Kane's feet. Looks like he just stops his feet and falls, ref bought it I think. McFadden says he had his heel clipped but still can't see it. Maybe my old eyes though and yes we were a mile off it. Too many back passes like we have seen in previous games.

Edited by MICMAC

Literally not a single facet of our play since August you'd say, well that's something to build on.

An unbalanced squad, playing in a shite formation.

I might run out of expletives at this point. Nothing remotely positive to take away here. 

Edited by renton