The New Raith Rovers Thread

35 minutes ago, Rover1883 said:

Never mind can't be arsed with our club getting berated around by snowflakes again I'll stick that idea where it belongs.

An odd response. If anything, I don't think he's allowed to leave France right now

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

An odd response. If anything, I don't think he's allowed to leave France right now

It was meant as a joke didn't actually believe we would have the funds to get a move like that but some folk get offended at anything 

1 minute ago, Rover1883 said:

but some folk get offended at anything 

Assume the irony of how you've reacted has gone past you.

6 minutes ago, Rover1883 said:

It was meant as a joke didn't actually believe we would have the funds to get a move like that but some folk get offended at anything 

I get that, but in fairness, you could have picked from loads of free transfers, not the one with the open case against him given the history here too. 🤣

You could have suggested Isaac Success, free agent and quality name. 

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've just sat and watched that whole interview with Fankaty Dabo, and it's great. I can't exactly say what it is about it, but he seems so genuine and humble. Intelligent too. I found myself being totally gripped by it, when normally I skip through bits of an interview. Especially new signing ones which tend to be dull as hell (and trust me, I've done a lot of them at DFC!)

He looks like a guy who needs a manager/club to give him a hug and make him feel appreciated again. I absolutely loved hearing him talking about how his dad would be getting involved with your supporters club down south, and leaving London at 5am to drive up for games to watch him.

There's a bit too where the interviewer asks what fans can expect from him, and he just says 'a nice fella'. Class. 

Glad you posted this, usually watch all the interviews, but this passed me. Can't be easy pieces to do and I would much rather get a sense of the person than generic "here to play minutes, great bunch of lads" stuff. The boy comes across really well, great line about rediscovering football. 

Hope his dad gets up and gets looked after. 

The goodwillie situation was quite an interesting insight into people's views on criminality. I agree that I wouldn't want a rapist (even a civil case one) at my club. So that means he isn't able to continue in his profession and work as a footballer again if every club and fan base had taken the same view.

From his current team glasgow united's Wikipedia page:

"The current squad includes rapist[6][7] David Goodwillie,[8] and the surrounding controversy has led to threats of eviction from their facilities by Glasgow City Council leader Susan Aitken.[9] The club have declared that they 'are supporting David with his mental health and will continue to do so'.[10]"

OK what if he had found another kind of job? But I wouldn't want a rapist in my office either.

So should he be unemployed if no one wants to work with him? But I wouldn't want my taxes to pay for his benefits.

That basically leaves killing the guy off as the acceptable option, as society has deemed he has no further value to them?

Edited by g martin