The New Raith Rovers Thread

No point playing Hamilton up top pretty much on his own with no runners from midfield to get on end of his knock downs or hold up play. Easton is never gonna run in behind. With Vaughan out and no striker till January , probably better to play Smith directly up top in a 2 up with Hamilton, least he runs in behind and can score.

Persisting with this 1 up top is never gonna get us up the league.

Too many players off form,, last week papered over the  cracks, if not for the Pen we would not have scored last week either.

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The manager and players had better get their collective fingers oot. 5 away games; 5 defeats. Need to find a way to get results away from home.

And 4 defeats in league with zero goals. That indicates a wider problem. 

2 minutes ago, renton said:

I'll save you a pinkie.

I’m not offering fingers for 8th place. 

If that’s where we are come the end of the season I want Barrowman’s head.

If we’re below that I want a protest!

IMG_7868.jpeg.81f92923e683dce15da8a592b2be12d4.jpeg

Edited by Scary Bear

So depressing to regress so quickly from last season.

Morton fans singing why the f**k are you still here, at us sums it up.

Do the board realise what a shit position we're in ? If not, what wakes them up ?

We're best case looking at a drop in prize money this season and less season ticket renewals next season.

Worst case relegation.

4 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

And 4 defeats in league with zero goals. That indicates a wider problem. 

And of the 5 goals we have scored in the league, 2 of them came from the penalty spot and the other 3 came in one game. 

At the moment it really feels we're going to spend this season relying on The Pars and Airdrie being worse than us.

Just now, Raith2711 said:

Do the board realise what a shit position we're in ? If not, what wakes them up ?

We're best case looking at a drop in prize money this season and less season ticket renewals next season.

Worst case relegation.

The revamped Starks is gonna look awfy pretty in the seaside though, the bakers are gonna get a fright wi the drop pie sales 

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

The revamped Starks is gonna look awfy pretty in the seaside though, the bakers are gonna get a fright wi the drop pie sales 

The £150 revamped Community Lounge might be a hard sell at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, Raith2711 said:

Worst case relegation.

Sadly I think either the board are now so arrogant that they don't think they have made a mistake or they simply cannot see what is happening. Either way it's a worry. 

We cannot rely waiting until January to get options in. It could be too late. The board made the call to boot Murray and had to get someone else in quickly. So if it was Murray doing the recruitment then we needed someone in quickly to get his own men in. If it wasn't Murray, or at least it wasn't Murray with the final say, then the board bringing Jamieson only during August shows that they aren't up to it. Every other team in this league brought in attacking options bar us who brought in Jamieson and that's it. That means we can't get deals done. 

19 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m not offering fingers for 8th place. 

If that’s where we are come the end of the season I want Barrowman’s head.

If we’re below that I want a protest!

IMG_7868.jpeg.81f92923e683dce15da8a592b2be12d4.jpeg

Your finger for Barrowman's head seems unfair... Settle for an ear?

The squad isn't good enough.  It wasn't good enough going into the new season, and we appointed Collins after the transfer window shut.  There's only so much he will be able to do.  

That said, today was, again, f**king shite.  

Anyone suggesting any players should be released, traded off or loaned when we’re sitting at 24 (22 healthy) + Hannah on loan is mental. We need another CB or two, preferably fast, a striker and another keeper. At that point, I’d say Montagu is a possible loan…Gibson I’d much prefer playing with us. We want the gaffer to have options to play with, and he needs time to try things out.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The squad isn't good enough.  It wasn't good enough going into the new season, and we appointed Collins after the transfer window shut.  There's only so much he will be able to do.  

That said, today was, again, f**king shite.  

It may well be that there are few combinations of this current squad that can be made to win games, but if so Collins hasn't found them.