The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I know it's volunteers and all that, but does anyone else feel that the updates have gone back the way on the Rovers site.

There's not even a description of the QP goal. 

Spot on! Been like that for quite a while now. No idea who is doing them these days.

How can a team who were challenging for the title, for 3/4 of the season, then start this one like relegation candidates with basically the same players and experienced additions, struggle to get going and score goals from open play

Murray had his faults but it cant all be down to him  

Well eight points from a potential 27, fifteen points off top and seven from 4th place. 

This season i think it's safe to say can well and truely get to f**k. 

There was no shortage of effort or urgency in the second half today but nothing is going our way. 

At the risk of reeking of my own pish we are drifting towards a relegation fight this season and I don't see that improving next Saturday away to Livi. 

Another frustration is that I haven't seen an opposition side that I've thought they were really good and look a stick on to challenge for the league apart from Ayr. 

Everyone else has been much of a muchness although Hamilton did look like complete shite. 

7 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

We are in a bad, bad way. Collins doesn’t have a clue how to get a tune out of players. Reminds me of the Grant Murray days!

I’ll never understand why fans clap like seals at a player off who’s just been sent off for dissent. Double dissent at that!  

The squad is nowhere near good enough for anything other than survival.  Impossible to judge Collins on that.  

Nothing will change until January at the absolute earliest.  You can't employ someone after the transfer window shuts and blame them for the obvious squad defects 

Last season was a total fluke.

Some absolute heads gone moments from some fans. One especially who sits a few rows Infront of me who spent the 90 minutes screaming at everything and claiming that scoring goals is easy, in amongst his usual abuse at the referees and that everything going on was pish. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. 

Just now, CALDERON said:

The squad is nowhere near good enough for anything other than survival.  Impossible to judge Collins on that.  

Nothing will change until January at the absolute earliest.  You can't employ someone after the transfer window shuts and blame them for the obvious squad defects 

Last season was a total fluke.

Aye it looks like all these last minute goals covered up a multitude of issues 

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I’d say the starting 11 today, apart from the two wide players are as good as you’ll get at this level. 

If it’s the players, when does Potter and his long term deals come under the microscope?

19 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

We are in a bad, bad way. Collins doesn’t have a clue how to get a tune out of players. Reminds me of the Grant Murray days!

I’ll never understand why fans clap like seals at a player off who’s just been sent off for dissent. Double dissent at that!  

Unless it was Davo, he was boo'd off.

4 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’d say the starting 11 today, apart from the two wide players are as good as you’ll get at this level. 

If it’s the players, when does Potter and his long term deals come under the microscope?

That's a very good point, is he part of the problem. I.e getting involved in the playing side ala too many cooks stirring the pot  

Just can't catch a break just now. Should have been 3 clear at half-time. Then QP get a flukey equaliser and I thought  heads dropped a bit after that. WTF was that ref on?.  Maddeningly incompetent nd very much QP's 12th man. Having said all that Easton should know better.

7 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I'd massively disagree.  In an attacking sense that lineup is miles away from anything other than mid table at the very best.

It's not that last season was a fluke but the unbalanced system we had in the first half of last season kinda worked and allowed us to overload teams in a way more conventional shapes don't. 

You also need to look at in terms of players form progressing or regressing. What wide options do we have currently that looks like we can hurt teams? Last season we left Easton and Smith wide more often than not, Connolly never recaptured his form from 2 seasons ago and Mullin is a total non entity currently.

Hamilton can score goals but has no consistency or composure. Something that was covered up by the number of goals in the team.

We are in deep f**king shite now, because our squad qbility has just eroded a bit and the weird Murrayball system isn't viable anymore. We have too little quality middle to front.

Anything better than 9th is going to be a good season.

40 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

How can a team who were challenging for the title, for 3/4 of the season, then start this one like relegation candidates with basically the same players and experienced additions, struggle to get going and score goals from open play

Murray had his faults but it cant all be down to him  

Comparing the scoring situation between this and last, injuries to key players are having a difference.

Vaughan was tentatively used this season before he got injured. Stanton scored his fair share of goals last year.

IMG_3622.jpeg

IMG_3624.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Laid Back Maverick said:

Comparing the scoring situation between this and last, injuries to key players are having a difference.

Vaughan was tentatively used this season before he got injured. Stanton scored his fair share of goals last year.

IMG_3622.jpeg

IMG_3624.jpeg

What's the stats saying from January, a lot of those goals were scored prior to then.... I think 

34 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Couldn’t agree with you more. Few need under scrutiny on the backroom staff.