The New Raith Rovers Thread

The St johnstone game summed up Robinson for me at fault for at least 2 goals lightweight as has been mentioned and generally makes an arse of it more often than not. I'm not a fan of picking out players for abuse it is a team game and you have to look at it collectively however when you a have a bad keeper they have nowhere to go they can't hide and when they f**k up its costly

The St johnstone game summed up Robinson for me at fault for at least 2 goals lightweight as has been mentioned and generally makes an arse of it more often than not. I'm not a fan of picking out players for abuse it is a team game and you have to look at it collectively however when you a have a bad keeper they have nowhere to go they can't hide and when they f**k up its costly

See what you think watching him each week not just a one off on the TV

Wish i could watch this cluster f**k of a run more often but such is life the last game i was at was Falkirk but ho hum.

Does anyone else see the cup final as abit of a lose lose situation. If we lose the game i'll be pissed off losing to those tax dodging tinks. If we win i'll be pissed off we put in a performance in this when the league form has been utter horse shit and we're in a relegation fight.

I wish we never reached the final of the cup. I wish we got horsed out by Annan. I hate to think that the players would genuinely be affected by the fact we are playing in a diddy final against another diddy team.

On Robinson. I don't think he is as bad as he's being made out however I don't think he's any better than laidlaw. Add in that laidlaw will probably be here for years to come, I really don't understand why Robinson is number 1.

Probably a bit too much doom and gloom at the moment from us Rovers fans. We're still 4 points clear of Cowdenbeath and their next 3 games are Accies at home then Falkirk and Dundee away.

Also 3 of our last 5 games are at home against QoS, Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath.

We just need a lift from an away win at Alloa or a win, or good performance, against Rangers.

The team are also scoring regularly, even if we are conceding a barrow load too.

I just hope we can get a lift from somewhere.

We just need a lift from an away win at Alloa or a win, or good performance, against Rangers.

Between beating Morton to get back to winning ways then putting in a good performance against the league leaders you'd think that would have been enough to lift the players. Then a home game against a team with a couple of key players out injured and boom we get horsed.

Comparing Robinson to Ally Brown is absolutely ridiculous. As I said on fantalk, you'd think we've dropped Manuel Neuer for Chris Fahey by the reaction we've had. If you want to point the blame, look to our sub-standard defending, inconsistent defensive line-ups and a midfield who been too easy in letting teams come at them. Robinson has made a couple of mistakes, but even Laidlaw was doing the same prior to being dropped.

Don't worry Raith, its payback time for these Cowden dimwits, we shall hammer them at Dens.

Please do, and have Davo dish out a karate kid moment to Kane Hemmings to crock him for the rest of the season.

Its a long time since we got anything at the Recs; I wouldnt be optimistic even with a good defence.

Fucking tell me about it. Law of averages will hopefully come into play here.

Watching Raith just now is like death-by-a-thousand-cuts. I find it genuinely hard to pin down exactly what's to blame, or to single out 1, or 2 players in particular.

It just seems to be a large number of almost minor errors, which all add up and collectively cost us matches.

The third goal last night was a prime example. There were probably 3 or 4 players who all could have stopped that goal, between us gifting possession away, (I think it was Mullen) and the ball eventually ending up in our net via the free-kick.

I'm not sure it can be fixed by just dropping a specific player. Almost every one of them now seem to be playing with an element of fear, which I suppose is understandable, but not particularly simple to alleviate.

I'm not sure I agree with the theory that some of the players aren't that bothered or aren't trying either.

A few of them slumped to their knees when the last one went in, you could see how gutted they were when it hit the back of the net.

I reckon they probably need 2 wins to be safe, but where they come from is anyone's guess.

There's no doubt the players are trying. But they just don't have enough ability. Hardly any of them last night looked comfortable on the ball.

Apart from the 2 goals we maybe had another 1 shot (from Baird). It's simply not good enough. Yes Hamilton are up nearer the top of the league but they weren't THAT great. They just pressed us more, leading to us gifting possession to then time and again.

If we keep possession they can't score. Surely they know this.

I'm totally disillusioned with the whole situation at Starks Park. For the 20 years I've followed the club I've never felt so dissconnected with them.

Imagine we never brought Baird back? 6 goals he's got now. Albeit most of them have come when we have lost..but still. He looks like the only one who's actually trying AND performing. The rest if then just seem to be going through the motions.

Never felt so disillusioned in the last 20 years? Come on now. Anelka? Dalziel's honking team and totally inept management? Things might seem bad just now but let's get real here. People have frighteningly short memories.

Oh I was disillusioned then as well. You are clearly easily pleased then. The stats DO NOT LIE.

I'm still hoping that we can stay up, and believe we can. But this has to be one of the most disappointing seasons watching the club.

See what you think watching him each week not just a one off on the TV

Having seen Robinson most weeks since he came to us I can honestly state that he doesn't fill me full of confidence.

Both he and Ross Laidlaw may have suffered from taking over from the sheer brilliance that is Dave McGurn though.

I've no doubt Robinson is very capable but for one reason or another it just hasn't happened for him at the Rovers. So far.