The New Raith Rovers Thread

Davo was much more successful than Baird was at Dens. He's a solid player and I don't think many Dees would be upset if he's kept on. If not though, Raith can certainly do worse he's nowhere near as poor as you are all making out.

Davo was much more successful than Baird was at Dens. He's a solid player and I don't think many Dees would be upset if he's kept on. If not though, Raith can certainly do worse he's nowhere near as poor as you are all making out.

Davo spent his time with you out of his comfort zone, mincing about like a Lipizzaner horse wearing a fucking tutu.

I'm almost certain I saw someone post on here, saying they had spoken to Iain Davidson and he'd said he would never re-sign for the Rovers as they were a team 'going nowhere', or similar.

I spoke to his dad in wee jimmies in Cowdenbeath after they played them and that's exactly what he said. Mind you we didn't have anybody back then that was quick enough to get on the end of his 70 yard world cup passes

Davidson can play one of two positions - and he is good at neither. He's a poor midfielder prone to dropping too deep and leaving huge gaps when going on manic charges, he offloads the ball as soon as he gets it, he stifles creativity, has one decent pass on him (a long diagonal) and doesn't create assists. He isn't what we want at all.

As a defender, he's fine against lump it merchants. Otherwise, he's again fairly poor.

He can stay to f**k away. A poor player who should have been released years before he finally got another offer.

I spoke to his dad in wee jimmies in Cowdenbeath after they played them and that's exactly what he said. Mind you we didn't have anybody back then that was quick enough to get on the end of his 70 yard world cup passes

Was that when we pumped them?

Baird is a good forward for this level and will pick up goals against poorly organised defences (Hiya Mohsni, Hiya pal). Davidson is a hatchet-man who attempts 40 yard passes and fails spectacularly. We need a midfielder who will compliment the ability of Kevin Moon. Assuming we re-sign Watson then we're sorted for centre backs. I'd be happy if we picked up someone along the lines of Bell from Stranraer or Agnew of Dumbarton who will happily roam forward.

For what its worth, Ross Callachan is a far more well rounded midfielder than Davidson and he's nowhere near the completed product.

I'd like Cowden to win, they deserve it for me given some of the results they've had this year & I also don't think the Pars have been punished enough yet for years of financial cheating.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Cowdenbeath deserve to stay up played some great stuff and the Townies deserve at least another season in the seaside league after cheating for years being kept down by Cowdenbeath would also irritate them massively and allow Cowdenbeath a wee gloat. Playing the Townies is great and means a decent crowd but 1 season in the seaside league isn't enough for years of cheating especially when they were quite happy to throw money around (they didn't have) to stop us winning the league and take away our year in the SPL so let them rot Cowdenbeath and their fans deserve the payday.

Edited by San Starko Rover

I'd take Davidson back.

I can understand a lot of the arguments put against, but I think it speaks volumes that when he left the club, he took a step up. He went at the same time and to the same place as John Baird, and was infinitely more successful.

We talked a lot this season about a lack of strength in depth, and a lack of senior players in the dressing room. Davidson addresses both of those points. He can cover more than one position, and he's about as solid a First Division player as you'll find. He's also captained the Rovers for a number of years, and won consecutive Players' Player of the Year awards, which says a lot for his influence in a dressing room.

I would say that if I was in charge of recruitment, and I had a shot of getting Davidson, I probably wouldn't retain Fox as well, but Fox, Moon, Callachan and Davidson would give us a very solid centre to build a team around.

Agree with all of this. Everything I wanted to say but couldn't be arsed typing.

What are Rover's fans thoughts on the new Fife Elite Performance Academy?

I certainly get the logic behind the move.

The most talented youngsters are getting drawn away to other clubs that offer elite football. So let's offer that opportunity in fife.

It's certainly proved successful for Falkirk.

I think it speaks volumes that all clubs have bought into the idea.