The New Raith Rovers Thread

I doubt the board factored for 3 "shaggings" in 3 weeks.

No fans think we will win every game. Absolute zero.

You answered your own question with the next bit so I'll pass that.

Sweet dreams.

Shaggings will happen, it is clear that we are miles behind the teams that we have succumbed to, only a bigger budget will change this, which we don't have, do you see where this is going?

This.

The board employ the manager and provide him with a budget, the board set the budget to enable the club to exist, they are not stupid. They know that there will be a few shaggings along the way, this will be factored in.

To expect to win every match is Old Firm mentality, do we really have the resources, to quote an imbecile, 'if they spend five pounds, we'll spend ten'?

No we fucking don't and neither will we.

Have a good evening and don't have nightmares.

Piffle.

The final sentence in the injury update statement issued by the club leaves no doubt the board are right behind Murray.

Yes. It was a public relations exercise attempting to divert attention from the state of the team. Once our 'popular' and 'highly regarded' injured players are back everything will go to plan.

Shaggings will happen, it is clear that we are miles behind the teams that we have succumbed to, only a bigger budget will change this, which we don't have, do you see where this is going?

Tell that to Dumbarton, Falkirk and QOTS who all avoided shaggings by Rangers and Hearts. Yes they have a bigger budget but our tactics don't even give ourselves a chance vs them.

Please comment upon what you haven't bolded.

We haven't played Livi, Falkirk or Queens yet.

Still points on the board, regardless of the opposition. Dumbarton are hardly a gauge as a part time team either, finishing above us last season. Alloa have already beaten Hibs this season, Dumbarton drawing with Hearts, and even Cowdenbeath getting there solitary point against Falkirk. Falkirk have played Rangers and Hearts also and have only got 5 points. Winning 1 game.

This league will throw up even more funny results as the months go by.

Still points on the board, regardless of the opposition. Dumbarton are hardly a gauge as a part time team either, finishing above us last season. Alloa have already beaten Hibs this season, Dumbarton drawing with Hearts, and even Cowdenbeath getting there solitary point against Falkirk. Falkirk have played Rangers and Hearts also and have only got 5 points. Winning 1 game.

This league will throw up even more funny results as the months go by.

Unfortunately, we'll see zero from a possible 9 points if we continue to lose possession the we have done recently. Dumbarton got a draw on Saturday, it's Amazing how one man can change the fortunes of a team, and I mean Chris Kane from St Johnstone.

Unfortunately, we'll see zero from a possible 9 points if we continue to lose possession the we have done recently. Dumbarton got a draw on Saturday, it's Amazing how one man can change the fortunes of a team, and I mean Chris Kane from St Johnstone.

We could lose possession to those teams but they might not take advantage of it? That's a bonkers argument. If you look at the footage from the game against Dumbarton, you can see they had some chances in the first half to go in front, but didn't and we went on to win comfortably.

I've already stated that the 4-0 games have not been good enough, but some of you other guys seriously need to get a new pastime or just walk away from the club if you aren't feeling you are getting your full money's worth. It really is that simple.

Murray's tenure hasn't been the best, but I've accepted it for what it is and where we are. I think a new manager would definitely bring some optimism back, but until the board make that decision, there isint really a lot we can do about it? Again if his position was to become more unstable, and more and more fans voiced their opinion after matches (Murray get tae f**k etc etc) and holding protests outside the ground, then the board would have a decision to make. But not now.

If we have 9 points after playing the remaining first round of fixtures then i would be in the Murray out camp, but until then I'll be behind him and the players.

We could lose possession to those teams but they might not take advantage of it? That's a bonkers argument. If you look at the footage from the game against Dumbarton, you can see they had some chances in the first half to go in front, but didn't and we went on to win comfortably.

I've already stated that the 4-0 games have not been good enough, but some of you other guys seriously need to get a new pastime or just walk away from the club if you aren't feeling you are getting your full money's worth. It really is that simple.

Murray's tenure hasn't been the best, but I've accepted it for what it is and where we are. I think a new manager would definitely bring some optimism back, but until the board make that decision, there isint really a lot we can do about it? Again if his position was to become more unstable, and more and more fans voiced their opinion after matches (Murray get tae f**k etc etc) and holding protests outside the ground, then the board would have a decision to make. But not now.

If we have 9 points after playing the remaining first round of fixtures then i would be in the Murray out camp, but until then I'll be behind him and the players.

Nobody will tell me to walk away from the club I love, some of us are maybe a bit more passionate than the meh supporters who seem to accept defeat after defeat, then criticise fans who get a wee bit boisterous about it. If that's the way you want to live your lives you bash on. Some of us actually give a fook, and want us to do well, and don't mean win every game as that is ridiculous. If we can just stop the bickering amongst ourselves, and come to some middle ground. I'm just sorry that I can't accept defeat, and what I mean by that is the manner of defeat, the team right now has no leadership nobody taking charge. All I ask is learn the basics. They are footballers after all. When I was young all I ever dreamt of was pulling on the dark blue of the Rovers. I would have sold my granny for that opportunity. I just don't see that level of commitment sadly.

They are footballers after all. When I was young all I ever dreamt of was pulling on the dark blue of the Rovers. I would have sold my granny for that opportunity. I just don't see that level of commitment sadly.

Commitment is very subjective, how would you describe it, and how do you see that commitment translated onto the football field ?

Nobody will tell me to walk away from the club I love, some of us are maybe a bit more passionate than the meh supporters who seem to accept defeat after defeat, then criticise fans who get a wee bit boisterous about it. If that's the way you want to live your lives you bash on. Some of us actually give a fook, and want us to do well, and don't mean win every game as that is ridiculous. If we can just stop the bickering amongst ourselves, and come to some middle ground. I'm just sorry that I can't accept defeat, and what I mean by that is the manner of defeat, the team right now has no leadership nobody taking charge. All I ask is learn the basics. They are footballers after all. When I was young all I ever dreamt of was pulling on the dark blue of the Rovers. I would have sold my granny for that opportunity. I just don't see that level of commitment sadly.

So what you are saying is that I don't really care then? And just happily go to games and accepting the manner of the defeats? What a lot of Tosh. I already stated that I was worried by the manner of the defeats but if you look at the bigger picture it could have been a hell of a lot worse no? Imagine losing all five games for example? Since we are so shite that could have been a possibility?

And as for the commitment argument, that's a lot of shite as well. Of course we would all want to play for the rovers and run ourselves to the ground. These players are paid a wage, have done well at previous clubs and have a reasonably good footballing background. The same goes for the manager. Maybe Murray isint cut out for management, but the board believe he is the right man at this moment in time, so we just have to accept it. It's part of life.

Edited by Wardy

So what you are saying is that I don't really care then? And just happily go to games and accepting the manner of the defeats? What a lot of Tosh. I already stated that I was worried by the manner of the defeats but if you look at the bigger picture it could have been a hell of a lot worse no? Imagine losing all five games for example? Since we are so shite that could have been a possibility?

And as for the commitment argument, that's a lot of shite as well. Of course we would all want to play for the rovers and run ourselves to the ground. These players are paid a wage, have done well at previous clubs and have a reasonably good footballing background. The same goes for the manager. Maybe Murray isint cut out for management, but the board believe he is the right man at this moment in time, so we just have to accept it. It's part of life.

But you've negated everything else I've said. You can accept it as it's apart of life. But fans vote with their feet.

Anyone with the patience to sit through a Grant Murray interview deserves a medal. It's possibly the only thing more boring and predictable than his brand of football.

I would say if we don't take at least 3 points from the next four games he should be punted

Edited by Martin Nelson