The New Raith Rovers Thread

Certainly wasn't afraid of crossing the half way line last season, as Rovers fans should know. He is fast and can hit a ball too.

If he isn't doing this, he's been told not to.

Thats not my issue with him.

The main issue is he cant tackle and looks utterly horrific in possession.

We still have Elliot and Vaughan from that list. Spence and Smith both struggled over last season as well. Conroy is a goal threat, as is Scott. The problem at the present minute is being down both Nade and Elliot which really limits us on how we play.

Elliot has been injured/useless for a year. He's basically another man down. While Smith and Spence struggled, they both scored a few crucial goals which are now missing from the team, and only one of them was replaced. When I say replaced, I mean we signed the goal machine that is Stewart. So Nade in for Baird. Stewart in for Smith and Spence. Conroy just replaced Cardle. Whichever way you dice it, the strength in depth line is pretty dubious and this will probably become more noticeable now the clocks are going back and the injuries start really affecting us.

I'm bracing myself for another disappointing season. It's great bring a Rovers fan.

Edited by Scary Bear

Good strap line for a recruitment campaign

I'll tell you what isn't great. The fucking spellchecker on this ducking iPhone. It also loves replacing fucking with ducking. Surely by now it should have realised that I never write ducking and write ducking all the time....arrggggghh ducking fucking fucking learn you c**t of a phone!

Great run down the left wing and strike to score on his debut against Dundee last season. We got a couple of goals from his long throws as well. Maybe your manager can't motivate him?

It might be down to Murray. Whatever the reason, he's been atrocious. Even his long throws have been rubbish. I'm struggling to think of any player worse than him since we got promoted 5 years ago.

It might be down to Murray. Whatever the reason, he's been atrocious. Even his long throws have been rubbish. I'm struggling to think of any player worse than him since we got promoted 5 years ago.

LCD Cowdenbeath, full of promise but turned out to be a dud, the only goal he scored for us was in a deferred reserve cup game against Livingston, I give you Mr Yellow Boots, Scott McBride.

LCD Cowdenbeath, full of promise but turned out to be a dud, the only goal he scored for us was in a deferred reserve cup game against Livingston, I give you Mr Yellow Boots, Scott McBride.

Hit the bar from 30 yards through in Stirling though. Some player.

Good strap line for a recruitment campaign

Typo aside, when I try bringing a Rovers fan, they see what's on offer. Then the illusion is shattered and funnily enough they refuse my next offer. The b*****ds. I use the old "they were better last week" line, but by then the damage is done.

Laidlaw has actually contributed to us winning at least one point.

Last season, the Scottish cup run was pretty much down to Laidlaw as well. Keeping the clean sheet at dens with some fantastic saves and then again at Easter Road, making some brilliant saves as well. He has had his spells where he's looked like he can be some player for us for the future. But there's bound to be a time, where we have to stop using that excuse. Every Keeper has his excellent games, but bad memories cancel out the good ones unfortunately. I will be disappointed if Mcgurns not between the sticks come 3pm on Saturday.

In the article in the FFP, the one that murray talks about having to repay the fans that suffered, he mentioned that there will have to be changes made to the defence, hopefully that means Hill and Mcgurn starting. Would love to see Conroy in at left back, with Anderson and McKay on the wings, to give Mckeown a bit of time on the bench to let him rethink about his contribution to the team.

Mcgurn

Thomson Watson Hill Conroy

McKay Moon Fox Anderson

Scott

Stewart

That looks a really decent team, would be a lot stronger once Elliot and Nade come back though..

Saying all that, can't see Mckeown being dropped by Murray though despite the fact it is extremely noticeable to everyone that he is by far the weakest link in the team.

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

Last season, the Scottish cup run was pretty much down to Laidlaw as well. Keeping the clean sheet at dens with some fantastic saves and then again at Easter Road, making some brilliant saves as well. He has had his spells where he's looked like he can be some player for us for the future. But there's bound to be a time, where we have to stop using that excuse. Every Keeper has his excellent games, but bad memories cancel out the good ones unfortunately. I will be disappointed if Mcgurns not between the sticks come 3pm on Saturday.

In the article in the FFP, the one that murray talks about having to repay the fans that suffered, he mentioned that there will have to be changes made to the defence, hopefully that means Hill and Mcgurn starting. Would love to see Conroy in at left back, with Anderson and McKay on the wings, to give Mckeown a bit of time on the bench to let him rethink about his contribution to the team.

Mcgurn

McKay Moon Fox Anderson

Scott

Stewart

That looks a really decent team, would be a lot stronger once Elliot and Nade come back though..

Saying all that, can't see Mckeown being dropped by Murray though despite the fact it is extremely noticeable to everyone that he is by far the weakest link in the team.

Was it not tweeted by Matt Elder that Hill has picked up another injury?

Hill has resumed light training and is hopeful of making the side this weekend.

Not sure about McKeown being dropped if it means that McKay is brought into the side. He falls into the Perry category for me of having no wish to see him playing for us again, at least not from the start. Mind you, McKeown meets the same criteria. It's a tricky one.

McKay hasn't been bad, but he's not been brilliant. He offers a bit of pace, and compared to previous wingers we've had like Scott McBride, isn't exactly the worst. In terms of Perry, it might well be a case of being a necessary evil. With Hill, Ellis and Barr injured we really don't have any other option.

Hill has resumed light training and is hopeful of making the side this weekend.

Not sure about McKeown being dropped if it means that McKay is brought into the side. He falls into the Perry category for me of having no wish to see him playing for us again, at least not from the start. Mind you, McKeown meets the same criteria. It's a tricky one.

Has McKay really been that bad ? I seen him on his debut and he looked ok, bit pacey, no real end product though but still perhaps not great, but not utterly horrendous ... Haven't seen any other games due to being away, so is the genuine feeling he is a dud !?

Mcgurn

McKay Moon Fox Anderson

Scott

Stewart

if he has to keep his place in the team by all means give conroy a chance at full back cause he isnt producing much where hes playing at the moment.mind you,that goes for several players

Quite a few of these players just aren't producing enough, yet quite remarkably we find ourselves 5th in the table.

Players like Conroy have definitely made a contribution to the team this season. His goal gave us the points at Alloa in case you have forgotten? His free kick against Dumbarton gave us a nice cushion, and his free kick against Cowden finished them off. I'd say he's contributed to at least 9 points out of the 14 that we currently have. Surely that's better than some of the other players? Moon (although injury prone) has looked pretty poor this season it has to be said. I expected better from him this season.

I tend to agree with regards to McKeown. He hasn't made a great start to his Rovers career, but if anyone had watched his interview he seemed pretty determined to do well for the club. (Of course everyone is going to say that.) but it's not like he's going out and being deliberately bad. Im hoping he can improve his form over the next few games. He Certainley has to improve.

Hopefully Hill will return tomorrow, but if it is Ross Perry then so be it. I shall get behind the team on Saturday and hopefully see us collect all three points.