The New Raith Rovers Thread

We beat their first team 3-1 away in August... So this time we beat half their first team, and half their squad players 2-1 at home

Their squad players did a better job against us than their first team did obviously..

Or it shows how poor we've become. I could easily see us going on a new run of 6 or 7 games without a win. There was nothing on show on Saturday to suggest we're close to turning the corner.

There was nothing on show on Saturday to suggest we're close to turning the corner. I could easily see us going on a new run of 6 or 7 games without a win. There was nothing on show on Saturday to suggest we're close to turning the corner.

Apart from the fact we came back from a goal down at half-time to win you mean?

I always thought some Rovers fans were a bit glass half empty but this season I've realised that they're more 'Glass? What glass? I don't see any glass'

Edited by roverthemoon

I don't know why folk bother responding to the likes of Big Berk.

He wants to be negative about the Rovers and nothing will change that.

If we won the league he'd probably be on here advising that the rest of the league was shite and we were only slightly better.

He'll always be right.

I don't know why folk bother responding to the likes of Big Berk.

He wants to be negative about the Rovers and nothing will change that.

If we won the league he'd probably be on here advising that the rest of the league was shite and we were only slightly better.

He'll always be right.

what as opposed to the few who want to be positive all the time and nothing will change that?

football is all about opinions and this forum would be pointless if they were all the same

https://yougov.co.uk/opi/profiler#/Raith_Rovers_F_C/demographics

So this is a fun little data gathering tool. On YouGov you can stick in a brand, person or organsiation and it will trawl it's panel for folk who've identified with that brand, and throws up the collected demographics, personality type etc of that smaple of people who are relevent. So I stuck in raith Rovers and the 45 folk on the YG panel who said they were Rovers fans have the following collected stats:

• Mostly male, 40-59 in age
  • ABC1 social grade
  • Slightly right of centre politically
  • Likely drives a Volkswagen
  • Imaginative and clever but also self consious, difficult and quick tempered (that bit's accurate at least)
  • Online for 21 - 25 hours per week

I'm positive with whatever there is to be positive about, which admittedly isn't much. Anyone who thinks we're doing well is, in my opinion, blinkered. 'We're doing well in the league' they say. By what criteria - playing well?

By just managing to beat weak part time teams.We're actually sliding down the league. The majority opinion is an overwhelming 'no! - we're shite' and an unblinkered persone who attends Stark's regularly cant fail to see that.

I'm positive with whatever there is to be positive about, which admittedly isn't much. Anyone who thinks we're doing well is, in my opinion, blinkered. 'We're doing well in the league' they say. By what criteria - playing well?

By just managing to beat weak part time teams.We're actually sliding down the league. The majority opinion is an overwhelming 'no! - we're shite' and an unblinkered persone who attends Stark's regularly cant fail to see that.

Are we sliding down the league?

Prior to Saturdays narrow home win against bottom of the table part time depleted Cowdenbeath we've managed 3 points from our last 6 league games. Yes, we're sliding down the league after our early season wins against the might of the Cowdens, Alloas and Dumbartons of the footballing world.

If anyone wants examples of blinkered fans they need look no further than you lot.

https://yougov.co.uk/opi/profiler#/Raith_Rovers_F_C/demographics

So this is a fun little data gathering tool. On YouGov you can stick in a brand, person or organsiation and it will trawl it's panel for folk who've identified with that brand, and throws up the collected demographics, personality type etc of that smaple of people who are relevent. So I stuck in raith Rovers and the 45 folk on the YG panel who said they were Rovers fans have the following collected stats:

• Mostly male, 40-59 in age
  • ABC1 social grade
  • Slightly right of centre politically
  • Likely drives a Volkswagen
  • Imaginative and clever but also self consious, difficult and quick tempered (that bit's accurate at least)
  • Online for 21 - 25 hours per week

A direct hit on me, except I'm not a Nazi.

Tbf Big Berk is right to a degree. On the 20th of September we had 12 points, on the 20th of November we'll have 18. A gain of six points.

Contrast that to Queen of the South (was 11, now 22), Hibernian (was 6, now 13), Falkirk (was 6, now 14) and Dumbarton (was 5, now 13). So there's the two sides above and below us who are outscoring us currently. Cowdenbeath have also done so (seven points gained to our six) and obviously so have Rangers and Hearts. Which leaves Alloa (who've gained five points) and Livi (two points gained) as the only teams to have performed poorer.

I don't mean to come across as negative, but those are the facts. There's a range of factors to be taken into account of course - opposition faced, home/away game ratio, etc - but it wouldn''t be incorrect to say we're "sliding down the league" even if our league position isn't bad.

:geek

If anyone wants examples of blinkered fans they need look no further than you lot.

Seriously? The supporters who can see both the positives and the negatives are blinkered as opposed to permanently negative supporters like yourself who, it would appear, can't see any good with the team or any chance of progression under the current management regime?

Seriously? The supporters who can see both the positives and the negatives are blinkered as opposed to permanently negative supporters like yourself who, it would appear, can't see any good with the team or any chance of progression under the current management regime?

Then its obvious to me that you merely scan my posts for negatives.

Then its obvious to me that you merely scan my posts for negatives.

I don't 'scan' your posts at all.

The posts of yours that I do come across are predominantly negative.

I appreciate that you are just typing it as you see it but the aloofness you display when someone hits you with a contrary opinion would suggest that you can't accept that other people see things different.