Who's Going To Uni?

When I was in the office at Stark's Park buying my season ticket, I was reaching for my wallet saying "I've got my student card here somewhere..." when the bloke says "Don't worry about it, you look like a student."

Shite :(

I've had that before, actually. Went up to the ticket office, asked for a student ticket, and they never even bothered asking for my student card. Happened all the time before I got my season ticket. <_<

Can anyone at Glasgow Uni on here tell me if uni is not on tomorrow, or do we still have to go in for lectures etc.? Might have a look on the moodle site and see if it says anything on there...

I've had that before, actually. Went up to the ticket office, asked for a student ticket, and they never even bothered asking for my student card. Happened all the time before I got my season ticket. <_<

Can anyone at Glasgow Uni on here tell me if uni is not on tomorrow, or do we still have to go in for lectures etc.? Might have a look on the moodle site and see if it says anything on there...

As far as I know it's on.

It's been on during this holiday weekend the last two years.

I can see no reason why classes wouldn't be running. I'm supposed to have my first tutorial tomorrow. And 2 lectures...

I thought it was off tommorrow as well as all my tutorials start next Monday.

I'll have a look at the lecture notes for Economics tomorrow as chances are that I've already went over it at Higher, and the lecturer has a terribly complicated way of explaining simple concepts.

f**k it, the slides certainly look like a just a simple explanation of supply and demand curves. Intentionally missing lectures - it was only a matter of time really <_< .

Edited by Supras

A full day for me tomorrow. Computer lab from 9-11, tutorial from 11-12, then a three-hour gap that will be filled by going to the gym, having a swim and then eating lunch, then a lecture from 3-4.

Bit of advice needed guys. How well do you think it would be received if my essay on "How Technology Affects My Life", consisted of one line.

I didn't finish this essay as I was too busy playing Fifa.

Bit of advice needed guys. How well do you think it would be received if my essay on "How Technology Affects My Life", consisted of one line.

I didn't finish this essay as I was too busy playing Fifa.

"Fail. You should be playing Pro Evo."

Is how I would respond if I were a pro evo fan, however I am a FIFA man myself. Instead, you get a B, FIFA is spelt with capitals - that cost you an A.

This is the worst attempt at studenting ever.

Roast chicken!?

I've had steak pie and chips for the last four nights in a row, because they were on offer in Tesco.

I didn't cook it, I was too busy playing FIFA, checking Facebook and doing zany student stuff like stealing traffic cones.

I didn't cook it, I was too busy playing FIFA, checking Facebook and doing zany student stuff like stealing traffic cones.

I had one in my room when I was at student halls. Kinda like The Dude's rug from The Big Lebowski; it really tied the room together.

Edit: cheers for the responses guys, I do indeed have lectures on tomorrow. And my tutorials start on Tuesday. Argh. Even if it was a holiday, though, I'd have had to come up to glasgow anyway, its a friend of mine's birthday. Need to pop in and see her like, wish her happy birthday. Might *might* go out as well, but it could be a bit awkward on account of a 9:00AM lecture the next day and a tutorial and all. Actually, f**k it, if they're doing anything and are kind enough to invite me to it, I'll go out. f**k learning, I've got a birthday do to go to! :)

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Stealing traffic cones is a necessity, I made Jesus carry a cone all the way back to the house (f**k staying in a flat again after four months in one!). He needed to be more Scottish! We had four instead of shrubs in our garden. :lol: