Who's Going To Uni?

Halls this year. Should hopefully hear back about my address either tomorrow or Monday.

I was in the expensive halls, a million pound flat converted into a prison cell. Lovely... <_<

Apparently mines are over £400 a month...

Christ it's ridiculous, that's even more than we paid in 2008... when we moved out after four months they charged us £50 a head for the privilege, then charged the Indians that moved in another £50 per month, per person. :o

It was only £1200 a month, between five (one couple), for a town house in Newington. Move out of halls as soon as you can.

Results back today, a B3 for Globalization and two B1's for Political Theory and History. Pleased with my results as I really lacked focus and effort in every subject, hopefully I'll have the drive to do better next year.

We were pretty much sat at a keyboard and told to do it...

I don't know if it was the same situatiion when you did it at school, but the Standard Grade was an average of four parts.

Composition (keyboard)

Solo (keyboard)

Group (glockenspiel lol)

Multiple choice exam

Same subjects although my comp was written for a ceilidh band, solo was tuba and group was keyboard.

The exam wasn't entirely multiple choice but most of it was.

Anyone know when we'll be getting the results back at Stirling?

I reckon it'll be another week or two.

Pretty annoying as I sat my exams right at the start of the exam period - by the time we get the results back it could be four or five weeks from when I sat them!

Anyone know when we'll be getting the results back at Stirling?

I reckon about a week or so. I've been checking on line periodically just in case but I wouldn't expect them until next week.

As for Napier are their entrance requirements really strict or something? I got offers from Glasgow, Aberdeen, Stirling and Dundee but rejected from Napier. I had no intention of going to Napier but at the time I thought it odd that Napier was the one of the five which rejected me.

They also got back to me about a month after the due date for offers.

I was just glad they hadn't got back to me first, put down Napier as my 'safety' so if I got their rejection first I would have probably been convinced that I wasn't going to get into any uni and that putting jokes on my personal statement was a mistake. All went fine in the end though.

Edited by jmothecat

Pretty annoying as I sat my exams right at the start of the exam period - by the time we get the results back it could be four or five weeks from when I sat them!

I sat my first exam 6 weeks ago and have got nothing back. Wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer if we actually had a set date for them coming out.

I sat my first exam 6 weeks ago and have got nothing back. Wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer if we actually had a set date for them coming out.

I reckon about a week or so. I've been checking on line periodically just in case but I wouldn't expect them until next week.

As for Napier are their entrance requirements really strict or something? I got offers from Glasgow, Aberdeen, Stirling and Dundee but rejected from Napier. I had no intention of going to Napier but at the time I thought it odd that Napier was the one of the five which rejected me.

Depends what it was for, if it was undergraduate computing then they will always take Indians over Scots, as they pay 5 times what Europeans (all eligible through SAAS) do.

The forms for accomodation at Dundee are coming out soon, anyone able to give me an idea about what the best/cheapest halls are?

Halls tend to be much of a muchness on the whole, obviously I don't know the ins and outs of Dundee University (or is it the University of Dundee), but the general safe rule is go for the second most expensive.

I went for the dearest at Napier, which was where the foreigners tended to go as I find British students, on the whole, to be far too loud.

The forms for accomodation at Dundee are coming out soon, anyone able to give me an idea about what the best/cheapest halls are?

I stayed in the Hub. It's more expensive than normal halls but is a much better standard.

Yeah, same. Six exams, two of which were before the exam period was meant to have started (:blink:) and four of which were in the first week. Not impressed.

How does it work with Dundee? Are we sent forms in the post, or have we to do it online?