Who's Going To Uni?

I was looking to find out when my first loan payment would be, but I haven't received the schedule, only the letter saying that I was getting the loan. It's dated the 23rd of June but it says that I would receive the schedule within 14 days on my course starting. I start in about 12 days. I'm not that anxious but is there anyway online that I can find out? I had a wee hunt around SAAS but the website is pretty poor.

edit: unless anyone from Strathclyde can tell me when their's starts(assuming it's the same for all students of the same uni)

Edited by forehead7

I was looking to find out when my first loan payment would be, but I haven't received the schedule, only the letter saying that I was getting the loan. It's dated the 23rd of June but it says that I would receive the schedule within 14 days on my course starting. I start in about 12 days. I'm not that anxious but is there anyway online that I can find out? I had a wee hunt around SAAS but the website is pretty poor.

edit: unless anyone from Strathclyde can tell me when their's starts(assuming it's the same for all students of the same uni)

In my experience it tends to be around the first day of freshers week the payment, whatever that happens to be at Strathy. I don't think there is anything on the website to help with this because the SLC do some/all of it depending on circumstances.

I'm only in one day a week this semester. Bit if a pain in the arse, since I have an option module and both courseworks, which ate 50% of overall mark can only be done on uni computers.

On the plus side, for the first time in a uni lecture I was actually interested and my building economics coursework looks quite hard, but fun at the same time. Never knew that was possible.

Oh aye and I've just found out I finish on te 28th of november and probably finish exams by the secon week in December. So looks like I'm getting 6/7 weeks of Christmas holiday. Yay.

I thought your lad was from Cow and Chicken.

I Am Weasel (feat. I. R. Baboon) was a short within Cow & Chicken.

Here's the I Am Weasel theme in Swedish for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K_QCVzQd0o

Edited by Swampy

My timetable sees me in 2-3 on Monday, off Tuesday and Wednesday, 9-11 and 2-3 on Thursday and 1-2 and a TBA tutorial on a Friday, possibly a workshop too but I don't know what the score is with that, it would only be half the semester anyway.

So that's 6 (maybe 7) hours across 3 days. laugh.gif

My SAAS has come in today (which allows me to extend the ol' overdraft tomorrow and so pay for Palmerston on Saturday :D) and I'm getting £528 bursary on the 23rd. Still waiting on the loan schedule obviously, it has been a week or two later on occasion in previous years.

How were SAAS factoring travel expenses into the funding: did they increase the maximum loan or the overall funding? Because I'm not seeing any difference in my bursary.

My SAAS has come in today (which allows me to extend the ol' overdraft tomorrow and so pay for Palmerston on Saturday :D) and I'm getting £528 bursary on the 23rd. Still waiting on the loan schedule obviously, it has been a week or two later on occasion in previous years.

How were SAAS factoring travel expenses into the funding: did they increase the maximum loan or the overall funding? Because I'm not seeing any difference in my bursary.

Overall funding

I received my student loan today, despite having not received the schedule. Not that I'm complaining, just weird that's all.

My timetable's out as well.

Monday: 10-12 & 2-5

Tuesday: 10-1. 10am class only runs until week 6.

Wednesday: 10-12. 11am class only runs from week 7-12

Thursday: 10-1 & 3-5

Friday's weird. I've got slots filled all the way from 9-5. 9-10 is week 3 only, 10-12 is week 4-8, 12-1 is week 3, 1-4 is week 2 and 4-12. 4-5 is week 1.

I'm not sure about my resit from last year. The lecture is 9-11 on Tuesdays so I can't go to the second half of it unsure.gif It's also got a tutorial on thursday mornings that I'll be going to.

It's weird though, last year it had 2 two hour lectures(tuesday and thursday, 9-11 and a tutorial on Friday mornings at 9. It's only got one two hour lecture this year unsure.gif

I pretty much have my timetable, although there are still two classes which have tutorials I need to sign up for. Unfortunately the sign-up thing isn't online yet.

At the moment it looks like this:

Monday:

Tuesday: 11am-1pm, 2pm-3pm (weeks 2,4,6,8 only), 3pm-4pm

Wednesday: 11am-12pm*, 1pm-2pm

Thursday: 11am-1pm, 1pm-2pm (weeks 3,5,7,9 only), 2pm-2pm

Friday: 11am-12pm**

*It's either that or anytime on a Monday. I'll take a day off thanks very much :P

**Not signed up for this yet but it's either that or 10am-11am on the same day.