Who's Going To Uni?

I will be teaching a tutorial class in Statistics 1Y on Wednesdays at 11am. It's slightly daunting now that I actually have a date and time for it, but I'm sure I'll be ok. :unsure:

Tutorials are great fun, I've been teaching them for years. Just remember what tutorials were like when you endured them, and try not to make the same mistakes. My recommendation is that you hunt out another phd student who has done tutorials and have a chat with him about them, just to set your mind at ease.

Just thought I would share that I successfully completed my Mentorship in Professional Practice module at University of West of Scotland. Go me. Not bad for someone who hasn't done any academic writing since 2004 :ph34r:

I actually quite enjoyed it despite doing it whilst off sick (think that might have helped timewise) so I may look into doing some more modules and actually finishing off my degree

I know SAAS don't fund Masters degrees but companies might if you agree to work for them after you've finished it. Might be worth a shot.

Has this changed recently? My mate did a BSc in Physics then a MSc in computers something... Anyway he was funded by SAAS for his Masters degree. I think it only available if you have had 4 or less years previous funding, this was 4 years ago though.

Quick question for anyone on here who ever used the gym at Strathclyde. Is it any good?

Thanks in advance.

It's not the biggest in the world, has an okay selection of weight machines and enough treadmills/bikes/rowers/crossthingys. I got a membership for six months in second year, it's good value IMO given the price.

I may get a membership this term.

It's not the biggest in the world, has an okay selection of weight machines and enough treadmills/bikes/rowers/crossthingys. I got a membership for six months in second year, it's good value IMO given the price.

I may get a membership this term.

The price looks good. Cheers for the info VT, I'll see there this term :P

I am starting third year tomorrow and already dreading it.

I'm currently in 5 days a week but may drop one of my courses - and take another one - to take it down to 4 days a week.

Wouldn't be much of a problem but I'm already in a dilemna as to whether or not to get a zonecard, if I do and go in 5 days a week I save £15. If I instead revert to 4 days after buying the zone card I am losing £30.

I have until tomorrow to decide, and because zone card is only valid the day after the saving is already down to £12 dry.gif

I've never known that to be the case.

I usually bought my Zonecard on a Monday morning, and started using it straight away.

Hmm, it's just what I read on the website.

It is my "first" as opposed to a renewal so maybe that affects it.