Who's Going To Uni?

:facepalm:

Glasgow offered me an unconditional. Which is partly why I very much doubt it is up there with Harvard on its entry requirements.

Same, in fact they were the first to... despite it being for Biomedicinal Chemistry, and me never having done any biology (only did Physics and Chemistry) in my life!

My timetable's pretty reasonable, but I'm not sure about what if any regular lecture slot(s) my honours courses will have. There's nothing mentioned in Human Rights & Scots Law other than seminars and the occasional guest lecture to be confirmed, and the only thing mentioned in the Politics Moodle Groups seems to be seminar times. At the moment my timetable looks a bit like this...

Semester 1

Monday - 10am Jurisprudence Lecture, 11am Criminal Law Lecture (even weeks)

Tuesday - 10am Criminal Law Lecture, 11am Jurisprudence Tutorial (odd weeks)

Wednesday - 11am-1pm Human Rights & Scots Law Seminar (presuming most weeks); Citizenship & Democracy 2pm-3:30pm (presuming 10 weeks)

Thursday - 10am Criminal Law Lecture, 3pm Jurisprudence Lecture

Friday - 9am Jurisprudence Lecture, 10am Criminal Law Lecture

Semester 2

Monday - 9am-11am EU Law Tutorial (odd weeks), 1pm EU Law Lecture (mostly even weeks)

Tuesday - 3pm-5pm Egalitarianism & its Critics Seminar

Wednesday - 11am-1pm Human Rights & Scots Law Seminar (presuming most weeks)

On the whole I'd say Semester 1 isn't bad but thanks to all the Level 1&2 Law courses I've still to do as a result of Joint Honours there's a lot of early-ish starts. Semester 2 should be pretty good and depending on how I manage my time I should be able to take advantage of the void in Thursday & Friday. Long weekends :D

Thursday - 10am Criminal Law Lecture, 3pm Jurisprudence Lecture

I should be able to take advantage of the void in Thursday & Friday

I had two days like that after they changed our curriculum and dropped honours level Microbiology (which I never really saw the point of given the course). It starts off so well, bit of revision, bit of dissertation work... that lasts about two weeks, then you find a comfy couch and go for a nap!

Edited by SaltyTON

I had two days like that after they changed our curriculum and dropped honours level Microbiology (which I never really saw the point of given the course). It starts off so well, bit of revision, bit of dissertation work... that lasts about two weeks, then you find a comfy couch and go for a nap!

When talking about the void, I was referring to Semester 2, when if I put in a shift Monday-Wednesday I've effectively got a 4 day weekend.

My timetable at Edinburgh isn't too bad.

Monday: 9am - 3pm (of which I have three lectures, a two-hour gap and a one-hour gap)

Tuesday: 2pm - 4pm

Wednesday: 9am - 11am

Thursday: 2pm - 4pm (sometimes I have classes at 9am on Thursdays but not always)

Friday: 9am - 11am (can sometimes run on until 12pm).

The workload isn't too bad but the amount of reading we get is frightening. And I'm only in Uni 18 weeks of the year, the rest of the time is spent out on placement.

Im filling out my ucas form and im trying to fill out the personal details bit but dont know which option to pick for the "student support" option.

can anyone help?

the options are:

1) private finance

2) Uk, cl, Eu etc student services

3) Research councils

4)DH/regional health

5) Uk govt international award

6)training agency

7)other Uk govt award

8.) international agency

9)uk industry/commerce

10)other source

11)not known.

Edited by Bowers

Im filling out my ucas form and im trying to fill out the personal details bit but dont know which option to pick for the "student support" option.

can anyone help?

the options are:

1) private finance

2) Uk, cl, Eu etc student services

3) Research councils

4)DH/regional health

5) Uk govt international award

6)training agency

7)other Uk govt award

8.) international agency

9)uk industry/commerce

10)other source

11)not known.

Oh, yeah, I'll get right on helping with that, after all you've provided so many useful pieces of information about your own personal circumstances, so picking one of those options wouldn't at all be a complete and utter guess.

My advice: get yourself a trade, son: if you can't even fill in the bloody form correctly the academic life is unlikely to hold much for you.

Oh, yeah, I'll get right on helping with that, after all you've provided so many useful pieces of information about your own personal circumstances, so picking one of those options wouldn't at all be a complete and utter guess.

My advice: get yourself a trade, son: if you can't even fill in the bloody form correctly the academic life is unlikely to hold much for you.

No need.

figured it out wink.gif

No need.

I disagree. As well as being slightly funny my post also contained Relevance. I mean, the guy says he doesn't know what to pick, and somehow decides not to pick the "Not known" option, instead asking a bunch of strangers with absolutely zero idea where his financing is coming from what his selection should be. I think a free education would be wasted on him and should be given to a Poor from another country instead.

My course starts a week later than the rest of the the university!

Why? Nobody knows, probably some serious funding issues/cocaine addiction of numerous staffers.

I'm getting two days off next semester though, which is something to look forward to.

Didn't realise it was Freshers Week in Glasgow till yesterday, a week behind as you would expect. They got a really shite week weather wise for it.