Who's Going To Uni?

My dissertation is due on the 2nd of May and I have a presentation on my topic between the 4th-6th of May then thats me as ive already passed two exams by doing my CCNA R+S and Sec.

My supervisor has been sound for the most part, hes always been available for a chat if need be and ive always accepted hes got other tasks to do as well. Like to think Im an easy enough undergraduate to supervise  :lol:

First of my last three exams on Monday (Post-Soviet nationalism and nation-building), followed by Science Fiction and Fantasy Fiction over the next three weeks. I'd be looking relatively forward to it if I wasn't still sweating over the results of my shit dissertation.

First of my last three exams on Monday (Post-Soviet nationalism and nation-building), followed by Science Fiction and Fantasy Fiction over the next three weeks. I'd be looking relatively forward to it if I wasn't still sweating over the results of my shit dissertation.

Is that first one Ammon Cheskin's (spelling?) course?

Yeah it is, the actual name of the course is far too long to fit in a P&B post :lol: He's a top lad.

Yeah I did it last year and enjoyed it. Had him for first year CEES for a few lectures as well I think.

Did another course that I thought would be similar this semester. Lasted one seminar and bailed because I didn't understand half the words being used.....

My 4 exams are all in the space of 7 days. Gets them out the way quick but it's pretty damn hectic

Spoke to someone yesterday about the teaching postgraduate courses at Glasgow. For history they had 226 applications for 11 places and modern studies got 188 applications for 8 places. Thinking there's a chance I'll need to entertain other possible career paths!

Is Glasgow the only one you applied to?

All coursework done and duster.  Still sitting at a 2.1, only got one exam on 17th May then just waiting to hear how I have done with my dissertation.

Actually got a 2nd interview next week for a company called Neogen, looks like a great place and the timing works out great with finishing Uni, needing to prepare a presentation to deliver at the 2nd interview....

All coursework done and duster. Still sitting at a 2.1, only got one exam on 17th May then just waiting to hear how I have done with my dissertation.

Actually got a 2nd interview next week for a company called Neogen, looks like a great place and the timing works out great with finishing Uni, needing to prepare a presentation to deliver at the 2nd interview....

Good luck with the interview. Went to a few assessment centres and they're pretty heavy going, especially when the presentation is on the spot rather than prepared, if it's prepared then as long as you do enough research then it should be pretty easy. Glad I don't have to do them anymore!

Good luck with the interview. Went to a few assessment centres and they're pretty heavy going, especially when the presentation is on the spot rather than prepared, if it's prepared then as long as you do enough research then it should be pretty easy. Glad I don't have to do them anymore!

Cheers, as far as i'm aware it's just to the 2 ladies I had in my first interview.  Only 5 slides long anyway so not too daunting.

• 3 weeks later...

Had all 4 exams in the space of a week and the last one was yesterday. That's the degree done. Delighted doesn't begin to describe it :)

Now the agonising wait for my classification

Edited by paul-r-cfc

GPA for a 2:1 at Glasgow is 15-17 with 14-15 being discretionary. I'm sitting on exactly on 16 after last year so in a decent position to stay there. I'd imagine this year will drag me down again but just gotta hope it's not too much