Who's Going To Uni?

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hector Boece Court by any chance? I stayed there in first year and also had two other spells over a couple of summers (couple of months each time when I was between flats). I also worked there for a wee bit. The rumour was that the design used was the same as a Swedish women's prison. 

Fyfe House - next door:
20682547.jpg

1435157147_uploaded.jpg

Edited by Marr1

That sounds awful to me! This is the link to the story anyway although It's Cambridge he went to. Guy sounds quite a bit like what you have talked about Ronaldo.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/cambridge-university-turned-me-into-an-arrogant-entitled-brat-so-dont-worry-if-your-interview-went-a6764746.html

Did you do exceptionally well at school to get in or did you go to private school?

3 hours ago, Marr1 said:

It's a 10-15 minute walk to the Uni, near Pittodrie (and three junior grounds are on my doorstep) with a Lidl across the road and few pubs nearby; so It's not that bad.

You'll have a great laugh mate. 

The nightlife is dying on its arse somewhat though. Institute aka Liquid (after the Pearl Lounge, RIP) was the student hovel in my last 4 years but it seems to be on its way out. Hopefully for your sake something else opens up as your only option is Nox which can be full of roasters. I think this is maybe just a representation of Scotland in general, however.

1 minute ago, Alex_14 said:

You'll have a great laugh mate. 

The nightlife is dying on its arse somewhat though. Institute aka Liquid (after the Pearl Lounge, RIP) was the student hovel in my last 4 years but it seems to be on its way out. Hopefully for your sake something else opens up as your only option is Nox which can be full of roasters. I think this is maybe just a representation of Scotland in general, however.

I can always get the train down to Dundee and go to Fattys

I can always get the train down to Dundee and go to Fattys

I was in there on Saturday night for the first time since I was 18; have to say the wee piano part is quite cool. Even got the boy to play Up With The Lark. Other than that, avoid it like the plague. It's fucking terrible.

9 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

They're all flocking to the ridiculously named Bridge Street Social Club these days, aren't they? Or is Underground a different entity? Either way, stupid name. God bless Bar Korova. TKs and Exo were pretty decent too back in the day.

I've never heard of the Bridge Street Social Club :lol:. Underground must be a separate entity, yeah. Full of emos and weirdos in my experience, but some of my friends like it. 

3 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

It's where Korova was on Bridge Street. In agreement with you on Nox though, full of rip-roaring twats.

Ah right, I've always just heard it referred to as Korova. Nox on a Saturday night is simply horrible. 

Edited by Alex_14

• 3 weeks later...
What sort of references do employers look for for graduate roles? Will reference from lecturer/disertation supervisor do if you don't have any industry experience? Surely they'd rather that than hearing from some two-bob pub owner etc?

My postgrad application required an academic reference and a reference from either a professional that's related to the courses field of work, or someone from a voluntary organisation which is involved in the field of work. Would imagine if you need two for a graduate job, then those 2 sorts of referee would be your best bet.

10 hours ago, KingQuerrey said:

What sort of references do employers look for for graduate roles? Will reference from lecturer/disertation supervisor do if you don't have any industry experience? Surely they'd rather that than hearing from some two-bob pub owner etc?

I used one from an internship I did over the summer between 3rd and 4th year, and my dissertation supervisor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/6/2016 at 13:07, scottsdad said:

I did a semester at Uppsala

pratar du svenske?  Oh and isn't Lund the better college?

Anyway, my older girl has provisional places at Edinburgh and Glasgow and we're going to Aberdeen for a look at the end of March.  Depends on her A Level results, of course. She wants to do Eng Lit and German.

Edited by The_Kincardine