Nom Nom Nom

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Does anyone have a tip for a properly good frying pan? I'm tired of buying ones that last a couple of years at most.

TK Maxx is always worth a look, they sell some pretty decent quality cookware, good for Mokka coffee pots etc too. I've been using a frying pan from there about 5 yrs now, it's  still doing me great French Toast 😀.

Cut sasijis just give the illusion of less room to fit anymore in, usually 2 cut sasijis, compared to 3 fitting in comfortably uncut.

The only time I cut them is for the bairns, so it cools quicker*.

Spoiler

Or leaves more for me. 😈

Circulons look decent. Le Creuset I'd probably a stretch to justify right now, though it would be nice for sure.

TK Maxx is where I've got the last few but they never last for me, 5 years is good going.
Keep an eye on Amazon daily deals for the circulon gear. Havent cross checked with other places but they do appear on there a lot.

You see them getting used on tv a lot by chefs etc. I presume that means they are decent.

6 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Le Creuset. Pretty dear but worth it. You seem to sound like a decent cook, so worth the investment.

https://www.lecreuset.co.uk/26cm-signature-cast-iron-frying-pan-with-metal-handle-cerise

The problem with this and the vast majority of pans, is that the cooking area to far to large in comparison to the handle. 

15 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

The problem with this and the vast majority of pans, is that the cooking area to far to large in comparison to the handle. 

Was just my recommendation. Worthwhile investing in decent kitchenware.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Circulons look decent. Le Creuset I'd probably a stretch to justify right now, though it would be nice for sure.

TK Maxx is where I've got the last few but they never last for me, 5 years is good going.

I second le creuset, great kitchenware.

6 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Just about to order

81Alij19xKL._SL1500_.jpg

In need of a new panini type grill.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Russell-Hobbs-Panini-Griddle-17888/dp/B002MRS1LY

Seems a decent deal.

Anyone got a better one they would recommend? Answers appreciated.

Expensive piece of single-use kitchen clutter.  Just get a cast-iron grill pan.

Expensive piece of single-use kitchen clutter.  Just get a cast-iron grill pan.
I've accumulated a load of this shit over the years. The brevel, the foreman, juicer, coffee makers.

My missus puts up with a lot of my shit otherwise I'd be divorcing her for done of these purchases.

19 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I've accumulated a load of this shit over the years. The brevel, the foreman, juicer, coffee makers.

My missus puts up with a lot of my shit otherwise I'd be divorcing her for done of these purchases.

Then we will never marry.

I collected my son from his maw's this morning to take him for his driving test (he failed) and his maw offered me a coffee with 7 options:  Cafetiere, one of these pod machines, a drip machine, coffee from an old Moka pot that I left her with, microground coffee, normal soluble coffee of the 'Nescafe' type or a cup of decaf.  By the time she'd gone through the list it was time for us to leave...

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Today's loaf rather magnificent if I do say so myself. About 40/60% Spelt:Wheat flour. I think I'm going to do some really dark rye bread seeing as my starter seems to be in good shape just now.

IMG_20191015_210426.jpegIMG_20191015_210435.jpegIMG_20191015_210501.jpeg

How often do you bake a loaf? Is it part of your routine or do you have some week days off work to get baking?

14 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Today's loaf rather magnificent if I do say so myself. About 40/60% Spelt:Wheat flour. I think I'm going to do some really dark rye bread seeing as my starter seems to be in good shape just now.

IMG_20191015_210426.jpegIMG_20191015_210435.jpegIMG_20191015_210501.jpeg

Looks great.

23 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

It depends how much bread I feel like eating, it can be every second day, it can be once a week.

If I think I want a loaf I'll get the starter out the fridge and feed it, then leave it overnight at room temperature to get going. The next morning I'll get dough going in the mixer while I'm sorting breakfast and lunch out. Then I'll leave it to rise while I'm at work to bake it in the evening when I get back.

Get a pic of the crumb.