Nom Nom Nom

Made some pancakes this morning using wholemeal flour, oats, blueberries, vanilla flavoured whey protein, skimmed milk, baking powder, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Fried them up using the 1 calorie olive oil spray.

:D

Tonight I had a lovely homemade burger with a large slice of gorgonzola in a bun with chips. Nom Nom Nom.

Last night however I went out for tapas, which to say the least was superb. The full works were had, patatas bravas, calamari, paella, deep fried fish, albondigas, chicken croquets, spicy puff pastry pastie like things,etc. It was truely wonderful and if I'm going to be honest, spanish food has quickly risen to a close 2nd in my favourite foods list. The chicken croquets a particular treat.

I've made a chickpea and vegetable curry for dinner tonight, and it's not bad. Bit nippier than I intended. :huh:

I bought a kilo of chilli powder from a little Asian foodstore in Gorgie. I've been going fucking mental (in quite a tame, cookery based kind of way).

I've made a chickpea and vegetable curry for dinner tonight, and it's not bad. Bit nippier than I intended. :huh:

I bought a kilo of chilli powder from a little Asian foodstore in Gorgie. I've been going fucking mental (in quite a tame, cookery based kind of way).

Same again tonight (having to take most of my food to work with me, so making enough of everything I do to last me for four meals).

Weird how these things get better with time, even if frozen almost immediately and allowed to defrost.

Having spent four and a half hours dealing with it, I should just tell people that there is currently an FSA food alert out regarding King Scallops.

British scallops are riddled with high levels of ASP (Amnesic shellfish poisoning) toxins (Domoic acid), which can lead to seizures, renal failure and coma - there is no antidote to this toxin.

The issue can easily avoided, and levels reduced below 20mg/kg by correct shucking procedures, however you may wish to avoid taking the risk until these levels subside.

• 2 weeks later...