Nom Nom Nom

3 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Went to the new Buck's Bar at Mount Florida tonight. Had a Nashville Hot chicken burger. Fantastic stuff, but absolutely huge portion. Was struggling to finish. Five minute walk from my work, so will definitely be back.

20220302_180619.jpg

Why was it served in a drawer?

Went to the new Buck's Bar at Mount Florida tonight. Had a Nashville Hot chicken burger. Fantastic stuff, but absolutely huge portion. Was struggling to finish. Five minute walk from my work, so will definitely be back.
20220302_180619.thumb.jpg.e9c1189b0710786fdfe4940168f57168.jpg
Looks top drawer...

Oh sh*t...

Backtrack time. About a year ago I had a battle on this thread about adding cream to pasta dishes. Can’t be bothered looking for it but I stridently insisted cream in pasta sauces did not exist in Italy.

Well...the following picture shows Fusillone Trapani with a tomato pesto sauce which the owner highlighted to me also had “a tiny bit of cream” added. This was in Como. I am therefore clamped and in the interest of truth and justice I concede.

image.thumb.jpeg.1b3ef0a4bb715d3177eb984039cf0838.jpeg

Sanam - Falkirk. 

Prawn poori to start.
Lamb tikka chilli and Garlic Masala, Saffron rice and garlic naan (was about the size of my torso). 

Thoroughly enjoyable and made even better, knowing it’s on expenses. 

80C4C5CB-DD5D-4BAB-B2BD-F40EC298973E.jpeg

24 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Sanam - Falkirk. 

Prawn poori to start.
Lamb tikka chilli and Garlic Masala, Saffron rice and garlic naan (was about the size of my torso). 

That naan bread looks incredible. 

30 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:
Sanam - Falkirk. 

Prawn poori to start.

80C4C5CB-DD5D-4BAB-B2BD-F40EC298973E.thumb.jpeg.e67725dd2097f4a243d7be984113c7b9.jpeg

The lamb tikka garlic chilli is my go to from there are it is truly amazing. A man of good taste.

I keep telling folk, we are lucky to have the Sanam in Falkirk. Its a top level curry house.

Edited by Bairnardo

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The lamb tikka garlic chilli is my go to from there are it is truly amazing. A man of good taste.

I keep telling folk, we are lucky to have the Sanam in Falkirk. Its a top level curry house.

Another great food recommendation by your good self. 

12 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Backtrack time. About a year ago I had a battle on this thread about adding cream to pasta dishes. Can’t be bothered looking for it but I stridently insisted cream in pasta sauces did not exist in Italy.

Well...the following picture shows Fusillone Trapani with a tomato pesto sauce which the owner highlighted to me also had “a tiny bit of cream” added. This was in Como. I am therefore clamped and in the interest of truth and justice I concede.

Did it stick a little in your throat, Did it?

(also looks and sounds really tasty) 

7 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Did it stick a little in your throat, Did it?

(also looks and sounds really tasty) 

Haha no no. Happy to concede, although it's a real rarity and think it was this particular chef who decided to add it. 

A cracking wee place just opened recently. Freshly produced pasta daily and a good lunch portion for only 8 notes. They change the menu every day and pair the dishes with some locally brewed craft beers. If anyone is heading out on a holiday I'll gladly pass on the details.

10 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Sanam - Falkirk. 

Prawn poori to start.

Absolutely love a curry and this looks a belter. Will pass details on to my boy who's recently moved to Falkirk way.

21 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Fairly sure it was me but don’t think that was the argument. I’m sure the point was that if someone wants to add cream to a pasta dish because they prefer it then they should go for it, but you had a moan about it ‘not being traditional’. As you say can’t be bothered going back to find out, and the dish there looks great.

55 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Fairly sure it was me but don’t think that was the argument. I’m sure the point was that if someone wants to add cream to a pasta dish because they prefer it then they should go for it, but you had a moan about it ‘not being traditional’. As you say can’t be bothered going back to find out, and the dish there looks great.

We're both right then. I did say that and qualified it by saying you don't get them here.

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

We're both right then. I did say that and qualified it by saying you don't get them here.

Yes I don’t think it was ever about being right or wrong, just about being one of those ‘but it’s not the true way’ wankers…

😉