Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Um, the Skyarrow Bridge and Castelia City, wow. It is genuinely impressive for a Pokemon game, I mean compared to what it was way back in Blue, Silver, Cystal and even Pearl, it's fucking awesome.

Beat the 3rd Gym Leader with relative ease (gaun yersel Pignite). However I'm going to try and get my party Pokemon and a couple of the ones in the PC that could be useful up to level 30-35 before I take on the next Gym Leader. Currently opting for this team:

Pignite (Fire/Fight) - Lv. 27

Petilil (Grass) - Lv. 24

Tympole (Water) - Lv. 20

Blitzle (Electric) - Lv. 17

Venipede (Bug/Poison) - Lv. 15

I'm not using my Munna anymore. I think Psychic Pokemon are great but it's far too slow, so I'm hoping that there is a Pokemon out there soon similar to both Abra and Ralts - in that they are incredibly quick and Psychic.

Might try and find a Ground Pokemon as well. Tympole will tide me over for a while until I find a better Water Pokemon, as apparently it evolves into a Water/Ground type (sorry for the spoiler) and I don't want a Water type Pokemon and a Water/Ground type in the same party.

Just about to battle the elite 4 now. My squad looks like this:

Serperior (grass) - lv 52

Druddigon (dragon) - lv 54

Darmanitan (fire) - lv 52

Emolga (electric/flying) - lv 53

Throh (fighting) - lv 50

Not sure how I'm going to get on, think I need a bit of leveling up before it but I'll give it a go and see what happens ...

Um, the Skyarrow Bridge and Castelia City, wow. It is genuinely impressive for a Pokemon game, I mean compared to what it was way back in Blue, Silver, Cystal and even Pearl, it's fucking awesome.

Beat the 3rd Gym Leader with relative ease (gaun yersel Pignite). However I'm going to try and get my party Pokemon and a couple of the ones in the PC that could be useful up to level 30-35 before I take on the next Gym Leader. Currently opting for this team:

Pignite (Fire/Fight) - Lv. 27

Petilil (Grass) - Lv. 24

Tympole (Water) - Lv. 20

Blitzle (Electric) - Lv. 17

Venipede (Bug/Poison) - Lv. 15

I'm not using my Munna anymore. I think Psychic Pokemon are great but it's far too slow, so I'm hoping that there is a Pokemon out there soon similar to both Abra and Ralts - in that they are incredibly quick and Psychic.

Might try and find a Ground Pokemon as well. Tympole will tide me over for a while until I find a better Water Pokemon, as apparently it evolves into a Water/Ground type (sorry for the spoiler) and I don't want a Water type Pokemon and a Water/Ground type in the same party.

Go to the desert place and go to the top left and into the desert resort, you can catch Sigilyth. It's psychic and flying. Bit of a master. Can learn Solarbeam through the TM I found in Pinwheel forest.

Which I used to own the ground gym, took no time at all with Sigilyth, Samurott and Palpitoad just took it to school. None of their pokemon got healed because I one shot every one of them!

Just about to battle the elite 4 now. My squad looks like this:

Serperior (grass) - lv 52

Druddigon (dragon) - lv 54

Darmanitan (fire) - lv 52

Emolga (electric/flying) - lv 53

Throh (fighting) - lv 50

Not sure how I'm going to get on, think I need

a bit of leveling up before it but I'll give it a go

and see what happens ...

Good luck that's about the level you need to have your whole team, I am assumin you have forgotten your 6th guy. Also your throh is going to be next you useless against near enough all 4 of the elite, simply because they are all set up to absolutely shagger fighting types.

I am at the e4 and all, but my team is needing serious work.

I am currently sittin with -

Emboar - lv 48

Seismitoad - lv 44

Cofagrigus - lv 42

Semisage - lv 43

Zebstrika - lv 45

Excadrill - lv 46

Serious work is needed, but for anybody who needs a hard pokemon that will take mist things on, then excadrill is perfect. Oh and yoda seismitoad is a great water pokemon to have since electric moves don't effect it, so it's only real weakness is to grass. Since it doesn't learn any real ground moves it is effectivelly a water type.

Go to the desert place and go to the top left and into the desert resort, you can catch Sigilyth. It's psychic and flying. Bit of a master.

Might check it out and have it as a main back-up Pokemon in the PC.

Oh and yoda seismitoad is a great water pokemon to have since electric moves don't effect it, so it's only real weakness is to grass. Since it doesn't learn any real ground moves it is effectivelly a water type.

Ah right you are I'll just keep it then. Sounds a bit like Swampert (the geek is coming out now :lol: ) and he was the boy, he could take on anything - apart from Grass.

Might check it out and have it as a main back-up Pokemon in the PC.

Ah right you are I'll just keep it then. Sounds a bit like Swampert (the geek is coming out now :lol: ) and he was the boy, he could take on anything - apart from Grass.

Its is exactly like Swampert, I have just checked and indeed its only weakness is Grass and its at x4, so be kind to it.

I also have a question for anybody with the Black version of the game, who has gotten all 8 badges, dont worry its going in a spoiler.

Now assuming the games follow the same plot, then N flys off on the black pokemon, Zekron and you are left to find teh white one, Reisheram??

Is that correct or are teh 2 games different?

Just went on my old pokekon silver game seeing as I am missing college due to illness. Was quite excited, was looking foward to using my old teams against the elite 4. Get to the intro and it says

New game

Options

Gone. All gone. The best fucking saved game ever, probably about 10 years old with a shiney crobat - gone. Total tragedy.

My gold, silver, and crystal games all do this. I assumed it was my gameboy (yes, gameboy - colour) rather than the games.

I'll assume this has been posted on this thread before but I've been playing A LOT of pokemon yellow on this site recently: www.playr.org

I don't have a DS but I plan to buy either Black or White when the 3DS comes out as I'll be getting that :)

Just defeated Cheren on Route 4 and currently have a team consisting of:

Herdier Lvl 30

Simipour Lvl 26

Blitzle Lvl 20

Drilbur Lvl 11

Servine (Currently at Day-Care) Lvl 27 Approx.

Patrat Lvl 10 (My HM beast at the moment.)

Planning on getting these all to level 30 before I hit Nimbasa.

Swapped my Arceus and my Shaymin to HG from Pearl to unlock the extra bits of the game. Unsure whether I want a lvl. 1 Palkia, Diagla or Giratina... I think I'll go for the latter.

I also can trade my Celebi to White and get a Zorua, but I've only realised that I'll need to wait until I get the national dex for this. <_<

Where be this?

Later in the game, off route 15. My pokémon have the pokérus just now so bonus xp :D Giratina is getting like 10000 xp per opponent because it has lucky egg plus the boosted xp from trading and the pokérus.

Seismitoad is my fucking hero, it has single handedly defeated near enough every trainer near teh end of teh game, forget your legendaries, this thing is what won it for me. :D

So, how many Pokemon can be caught in this game - is it just the new generation or can other generations be caught as well?

The other generation pokemon become available later on, I believe.

Indeed they do, I just caught myslef a pidgy and a driftbloom, just for the sake of it.

I got Pokemon White on rom today (cos I'm a cheap b*****d).

I chose Tepig and caught a Patrat. Patrat is terrible and I can't be bothered training up a Lillipup now. Got a Pansage from that guy, beat the first gym and I have just caught a Munna.

Tepig - Lv 14,

Patrat - Lv 12

Pansage - Lv 13

Munna - Lv 10

So pissed off wandering about looking for the abundant shrine, btw can anyone help in telling me where it is. All of a sudden I stumble across thunderus, try to e clever and forgot it had the ability to flee, fucking annoyed at myself. But at least I caught the

fire/bug pokemon, even though it won't get in my party.

Edited by Widge

Really pissed off now, thunderus turned up again and I accidentally killed t, I am assuming it turns up again tomorrow at some point and that I get another chance to catch it. But it seems a waste of my master ball to catch it. Ach well we shall see, oh and again anybody know how to get to the abundant shrine, obviously you have to gave completed a fair but of the game.