Snow!

xbl

50 mins to go 6 miles,The roads are fine it is fuckwits that can't drive to the road conditions.

On my mobile so can't see locations, but am I right in thinking you're around Bonnybridge? How were the roads? I'm thinking off popping into my work in Denny but wasn't sure if it was worth the hassle.

Usual shite on Facebook regarding the snow. I notice it's the people who don't have jobs and/or are single mothers that are saying they love it. The ones that don't have to drive (or at least travel) to work at half 8 in the fucking morning.

Edit - Snow was useful for one thing and one thing only, and that was getting me days off school when I was young.

Edited by TheScarf

There is some snow here. I say snow but it's shite stuff and there is only a couple of centimetres of it. On the other hand, I have a friend who lives just outside Inverness and they are saying that their car is stuck in their driveway. Lols all round. Although this person does have a tendency to be ever so slightly OTT, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was hardly any snow up there.

Edited by yoda

Was a good 6-7 inch of snow in Airdrie the day. Left the house at ten past seven and didnt get to work in Scotstoun till twenty five past nine dry.gif

I'd say that about right. I was lucky i left Airdrie at 04:50 and made it to Blantyre by 05:20.

Spoke to a few folk in Airdrie over last hour said its not too bad now.

I thought roads were alright this morning but folk are saying the roads in EK are shocking, the councils a disgrace etc. I found the roads in EK fine apart from a bit of congestion near the town centre. I think some people expect to drive to work like normal and that the council should have cleared their side road and removed every bit of snow on their route and ploughed their driveway.

My commute was fine- big queue into Glasgow on M77, but going other way to EK was dong 50/60mph. Roads around Paisley/Glasgow were in the most fine apart from the OMG snow must not go faster than 15mph crew. rolleyes.gif . I then hit EK, twinned with Antarctica where traffic for some reason was crawling on all the main roads, despite them being not that bad. Left Paisley about 8.10 and got to East Kilbride just after 9 so 25-30mins more.

Edited by flyingscot

I thought roads were alright this morning but folk are saying the roads in EK are shocking, the councils a disgrace etc. I found the roads in EK fine apart from a bit of congestion near the town centre. I think some people expect to drive to work like normal and that the council should have cleared their side road and removed every bit of snow on their route and ploughed their driveway.

My commute was fine- big queue into Glasgow on M77, but going other way to EK was dong 50/60mph. Roads around Paisley/Glasgow were in the most fine apart from the OMG snow must not go faster than 15mph crew. rolleyes.gif . I then hit EK, twinned with Antarctica where traffic for some reason was crawling on all the main roads, despite them being not that bad. Left Paisley about 8.10 and got to East Kilbride just after 9 so 25-30mins more.

People like that should be taken outside and shot in front of their families.

People like that should be taken outside and shot in front of their families.

Hi Jeremy wink.gif

Nah seriously annoyed me when the road is completely clear of snow yet they are crawling along as if it is a blizzard. Overtook one this morning and the look I got, but the road was fine and had no snow on it.