Snow!

xbl

Was supposed to be called back to my mail depot.  The Royal Mail spent lots of cash on fancy new pdas that they can text us.  Naturally the person whose meant to alert us would make Father  Dougal seem like Stephen Hawking.  So he sent the message to one guy then fucked off home.  

Also there may not be a mail delivery tomorrow depending on how bad it gets.  Would piss me off as it’s my day of anyway.

4 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Finally got away from work. Springburn was horrendous, East Kilbride surprisingly clear.

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Springburn is always horrendous.

3 minutes? Standards are slipping.

My wife got her car stuck at the hill at the top of the drive coming back from the shops, so I decided to let it roll back down the hill to a flatter bit and have another go.

I've just spent the last half hour trying to get it out the hedge and stop it rolling down a fairly steep hill.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

My wife got her car stuck at the hill at the top of the drive coming back from the shops, so I decided to let it roll back down the hill to a flatter bit and have another go.

I've just spent the last half hour trying to get it out the hedge and rolling down a fairly steep hill.

:lol:

10 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

You can see where I've tried to clear a bit of snow to let the wheels get traction.  On the other side of the hedge it drops off really steeply.  As it started sliding towards it I very seriously considered jumping out. 

IMG_20180228_151950.jpg

The image of a genuine scenario of someone having to jump out of their car as it skids towards a steep hill just gave me a good laugh.

52 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Already told no work tomorrow. Delighted.

On a more serious point, and at the risk of going all Daily Express, this is as bad as I've seen it in Glasgow, inside the city anyway. Probably well beyond the stuff in 2010 (?) when everyone was parking on the M8.

Yeah it's the heaviest snow I've seen in the five years I've lived here.

Working from home today and likely tomorrow too. I was climbing the walls by half 10 this morning.

26 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I've just spent the last half hour trying to get it out the hedge and stop it rolling down a fairly steep hill.

Do you want me to do it for you love?